Photo

Roughcut gear removal?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Eightdotno

Eightdotno

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

I've had this idea in my head for a while now about replacing the gears in a roughcut with some kind of steel bar,
It's hard to explain but if anyone who has opened a roughcut (like me) then maybe you know what I'm talking about.

#2 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

I'm fairly sure it could be done. In particular, I was thinking to integrate/mount it upside down under another blaster. You'd have to make a new pump grip (maybe it could slide along the tactical rail?) and then attach it to the upper "sled" that pulls back the plunger rods. If I remember correctly the upper sled is also what hits the slamfire, so if you're okay with permanent slamfire you wouldn't necessarily have to relocate the trigger in this configuration (use this or DIY it).

Or, yeah, you could probably directly link the stock pump grip to the upper sled.

Anyway, I encourage you to try it and post the results!

Edited by jwasko, 22 March 2017 - 07:46 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#3 Eightdotno

Eightdotno

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:30 PM

I would, but sadly I no longer have my roughcut, thus someone decided ro take my unlabeled roughcut from an hvz game.

#4 Eightdotno

Eightdotno

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

Also I was thinking of removing slamfire if that's possible, I looked at a picture of the slamfire mechanism, and that would affect the preformence of this blaster.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users