battery hyperfire aa mod

3 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel12

Daniel12

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:31 AM

Hi

I am planning on buying a HyperFire but they require the D batteries which are huge, heavy, and expensive. And I have NONE. So, I would like to know how to convert an AA to a D without buying other batteries, or buying a converter, just convert one using some household materials and an AA. Also, no electrical tape please because I don't want to waste my last few pieces of it. Might sound like a big request, but I'm sure someone would help me, right?

Thanks.

#2 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:12 AM

If you use AA sized cells to power your Hyperfire, you'll need high quality NiMH or NiCd cells. Using AA alkaline cells in the Hyperfire won't work very well since they can't handle the current draw.

You'll then need some AA-D converters, but there's no quick and easy way considering how stingy you'll have to be with simple supplies like electrical tape. Maybe you can jury rig something with aluminum foil, paper strips and AA NiMH cells. Good luck, it'll be ugly.

#3 dB Zac

dB Zac

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

You can get aa to d cell adapter shells

#4 Dino

Dino

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

Here is a video of how to make DIY "AA" to "D" battery adapter using PVC and straws :

, there are a bunch more if you search it on google.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battery, hyperfire, aa, mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users