Photo

Nerf blaster types?

8 replies to this topic

#1 BJNStrike710

BJNStrike710

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

Hey gang, after a very lengthy hiatus I have returned...I did some searching and did not see a current topic for this and thought I pick some wise Nerfer brains:

I have gotten into Nerf FPS videos  (Aaron Esser on YouTube has some very popular ones based on CoD) and it got me to thinking about compiling some info to create some FPS videos with friends. I thought of making one with just Pistols (more of a Goldeneye ruleset I think) and started looking up pistol type Nerf blasters and wanted some insight on what blasters would be the ideal fit for that?Thanks

Thanks in advance guys!

#2 Penna

Penna

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:21 PM

Try the nerf scout. It has a top priming slide which may help it to look more realistic. It is also a great sized pistol.

Wye not?- Astech

Watch this It isn't a rick roll

#3 AtraUnam

AtraUnam

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:23 AM

A sidestrike or a recon with no attatchements would both work as pistols.

#4 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:49 AM

Locknload has a top slide prime, and so does the sharp fire. And the new star wars ones too.

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#5 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

Well, the Magnus is a good pistol with a slide, if a tad bit large.

Also, the Hammershot, Sweet Revenge, Doublestrike, Persuader, Lawbringer, and 5by5 could be used for revolvers. And, you can't go wrong with a Titan or Ultimator as an RPG.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#6 Pineapplepies

Pineapplepies

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:21 AM

Hey gang, after a very lengthy hiatus I have returned...I did some searching and did not see a current topic for this and thought I pick some wise Nerfer brains:

I have gotten into Nerf FPS videos  (Aaron Esser on YouTube has some very popular ones based on CoD) and it got me to thinking about compiling some info to create some FPS videos with friends. I thought of making one with just Pistols (more of a Goldeneye ruleset I think) and started looking up pistol type Nerf blasters and wanted some insight on what blasters would be the ideal fit for that?Thanks

Thanks in advance guys!

Depends how far you are willing to go to make stuff, and if you are looking for the actual guns to look real. You can do anything from buying a doubleshot, cpvc, and make a western pistol to maverick, cyclone shock, and of the airtech guns so airtech 2000, 3000, or 4000, mono-blast etc. If you wanted to have like a future type battle any of the cyber strike gear works, and also any of the alien menace stuff.

Edit: I mean like really just look on the wiki for what you want, there are hundreds of blasters that work and you could use, some are harder to find than others, then just hit up eBay and search for that stuff, I mean hell even a tek 6 if painted could look cool so really unless you are going for performance then go with really anything buzz bee or stats blast

Edited by Pineapplepies, 10 March 2017 - 11:24 AM.

<p>It's nerf or...... every other blaster brand that is better 

Darth nerf "I used to like the deploy, I ''twas but a learner, now I am the master" Obi buzz bee kenobi "only a master of nerf evil darth"

#7 BJNStrike710

BJNStrike710

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

Here;s the thing...I want them to be stock blasters much like the videos Ive found in my scanning YouTube so modded blasters are probably out

#8 BJNStrike710

BJNStrike710

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:50 AM

Here is what I have as far as somewhat current Pistol type blasters

Triad EX-3

Glowshot

Elite Firestrike

Falconfire

Jolt

Disruptor

Strongarm

Bigshock

Rockets would probably be all Tri-Strike, Demolisher and Thunder Blast...that about right?

#9 Pineapplepies

Pineapplepies

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:52 AM

Here;s the thing...I want them to be stock blasters much like the videos Ive found in my scanning YouTube so modded blasters are probably out

Is there a reason why you don't want modded? Usually unless you are firing it and you are worried about speed you don't ever need to worry about power or unfairness for others because you use effects instead of darts. However if REQUIRE not to use mods then that's just your loss, you can make trillions of replicas and look alikes when you are limited to  less than 1000 guns from all blaster brands, many of which won't ever look real unless you mod them or paint them

Edit:Ok fair enough you want stock but do realize modded stuff can look cooler and add uniqueness to the gun, and worst case just mod something and paint it to look normal, like that elite stampede mod drac did a video on

Here is what I have as far as somewhat current Pistol type blasters

Triad EX-3
Glowshot
Elite Firestrike
Falconfire
Jolt
Disruptor
Strongarm
Bigshock

Rockets would probably be all Tri-Strike, Demolisher and Thunder Blast...that about right?

There are more, if you want to go vintage you can get everything from a big blast, to titan, to ultimate missile blast(Don't listen to me on the big blast one though unless you mod because they are hard to get for cheap prices and are popular so don't kill one of those for something like this, leave it to someone who needs it). As for miniguns if you want one go with a dart zone scorpion or air zone punisher. For pistols really anything works from the tech target to the flipfury.

Edited by Ice Nine, 16 March 2017 - 04:08 PM.

<p>It's nerf or...... every other blaster brand that is better 

Darth nerf "I used to like the deploy, I ''twas but a learner, now I am the master" Obi buzz bee kenobi "only a master of nerf evil darth"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users