Photo

What are the most powerful out-of-box or slightly modded blasters?

springs air tanks coupler

9 replies to this topic

#1 Montymarks

Montymarks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:43 AM

So, I'm just wondering what are some of the best out-of-box or slightly modded blasters are in other peoples opinions.

My bet is the Faux-Bow, which I posted about a long time ago.

Let's list off the pros:

1. Plunger tube is probably bigger than a X-Bow

2. Comes with skirt seal

3. Spring is massive

4. The barrel is so easy to couple(all you have to do is cut down barrel; 1/2" CPVC has tight fit into it, and wants to pop out, but our friend hot glue can fix that; Put either 1/2" CPVC coupler onto it, or a piece of 1/2" PVC and 1/2" PVC coupler if you use 1/2" PVC barrels; Then, if you like, epoxy/epoxy putty/more hot glue)

Now cons:

1. No catch mechanism...

(This turned into a Faux-Bow review really fast..)

So yeah, explain what other blasters are really good out-of-box

-Montymarks

sorry for how I was a year ago

#2 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:03 AM

Buzz Bee Sentinel, Reaper, Champion all hit like 80 fps out of the box. 

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#3 NerfGeek416

NerfGeek416

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

Dart Zone Magnum is supposed to be able to hit 100 fps out of the box.
If you want competitive stuff for superstock with no modding, I'd get an Artemis.

#4 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

The Buzz Bee Extreme Blastzooka is crazy powerful (it's essentially a giant panther) and super easy to mod. Simply cut off about 2mm of plastic at the front and it'll fire darts as well as missiles. Plug the pump and add a proper barrel and this thing can put holes in cardboard (with solid-tip darts anyways).

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

#5 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:01 PM

Dartzone Magnum is way weaker and has a ret size plunger tube. 
The best are BuzzBee near stock IMO. 

You've got 4Bs, XBZs, and for magfed, sentinel etc. Can't go wrong with a magnum either though for near stock wars. 

#6 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

The Buzz Bee Extreme Blastzooka is crazy powerful (it's essentially a giant panther) and super easy to mod. Simply cut off about 2mm of plastic at the front and it'll fire darts as well as missiles. Plug the pump and add a proper barrel and this thing can put holes in cardboard (with solid-tip darts anyways).

I haven't even opened mine up, just removed the front of the barrel, dropped in a foot long piece of 17/32 brass and duct taped it in place and it's a tackdriver.

#7 aydensnake

aydensnake

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:15 PM

A titan is probably the way to go, you can screw the barrel off without opening it, the first time you take it off may take a bit of force to get it off. Once you get it off you can coupler it and either single it or attach something that holds darts to it,  such as a sledgefire shell or a maverick cylinder. You will have to make an adapter for them to attach to the coupler though

Edited by aydensnake, 27 February 2017 - 01:16 PM.

#8 NerfSleeperModder29

NerfSleeperModder29

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:25 AM

Hey MontyMarks,

You are most likely not going to like this but I personally love the performance out of a Nerf Crossbolt out of box or slightly modded.

All you have to do to mod is don't put in the bow arms before starting the mod, take out the locks, tighten the string, and bam 90ft or more blaster for little to no effort at all

That is just my 2 cent though

#9 Beomagi

Beomagi

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

Given your condition of slight modding, I'd suggest anything that fires mega darts, or multiple darts, and had adapters to fire a single regular dart.

E.g. Cycloneshock with worker barrels (or brass it yourself), or sledgefire with an adapter for single shot.

#10 SirBrass

SirBrass

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:17 PM

Sledgefire with the Slugfire adapter ($10 3d printed part) goes over 100 fps without any other modifications IIRC.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: springs, air tanks, coupler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users