Photo

Blasters for Newbie Modders

9 replies to this topic

#1 KeahiAirgid

KeahiAirgid

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:43 PM

Before I begin, yes I've searched for this topic. After scouring both the site and the internet in general I could not find anything regarding this. The closest I've found anywhere was the Internals and Modding Directories. Useful indeed, but for someone like me (at the time of writing) who has absolutely zero experience in this field not exactly helpful.

That is why I am creating this topic. I'd like to know what blasters people would recommend for beginners in the following areas, for both rifles and pistols (they do not have to be NERF brand blasters):

• Purely Cosmetic, in other words blasters that are easy to take apart and paint or alter the shell.
  • Purely Internal, blasters that are easy to overhaul without worrying to much about looks.
  • Mixture, blasters that fit into both categories.

I feel this would be helpful to those new to modding.

Thank you for your time,

Keahi

Title Edit: It's supposed to say "Blasters for Newbe Modders" but I cannot figure out how to edit the title.

Moderator edit: Click on "use full editor" after clicking on "edit."

Edited by KeahiAirgid, 29 April 2017 - 02:00 PM.

"Ten fingers, ten toes. I'll count the rest later." ~ Commander Shepard, Star Gate: Atlantis.

#2 AnOoB

AnOoB

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:13 PM

I think the Nitefinder is a good example, it's a simple pullback springer pistol.

you can remove the air restrictor, swap the spring, rebarrel it...

all relatively simple mods.

and for cosmetics, it's not an expensive or big blaster so messing up a paintjob wouldn't be a big deal.

#3 SirBrass

SirBrass

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:31 PM

A stryfe is very easy to use mod internally. Very basic design and plenty of room in which to work. Just get MTB rhinos & a 3s battery that will fit, a beefy cherry microswitch & 18awg silicone wire and you'll easily improve the power significantly.

#4 KeahiAirgid

KeahiAirgid

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

A stryfe is very easy to use mod internally. Very basic design and plenty of room in which to work. Just get MTB rhinos & a 3s battery that will fit, a beefy cherry microswitch & 18awg silicone wire and you'll easily improve the power significantly.

I was actually considering getting a Stryfe just to do some cosmetic modding to it. The basic look reminds me of the Teklowvka from the F2P Steam game Unturned.

"Ten fingers, ten toes. I'll count the rest later." ~ Commander Shepard, Star Gate: Atlantis.

#5 joeybootz

joeybootz

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

the firestrike pistol is an easy mod as well. shoots lasers once the AR's are removed and the plunger is reinforced. The stryfe is also an easy mod as well as the modulus

Do you even Bruh!

too many blasters to list 

Check out my Etsy page:

https://www.etsy.com...p/NerfAddiction

#6 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

Big Bad Bow

#7 benhonda

benhonda

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:23 AM

It is pretty easy to mod a titan to shoot elite darts really far.  Mine is modded to shoot elite and mega darts.

the mega shot pistol can be modded really easy to fire elite darts and also rival rounds.  Shoots them pretty hard too.

#8 SirBrass

SirBrass

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:53 PM

Modding a hammershot is also dead easy. The internals are very simple and there's several very nice kits for them that you just install. No cutting or gluing required.

#9 aydensnake

aydensnake

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:05 AM

Try going for a sharpshooter II if you have enough money lying around, it's a great vintage blaster for around 15-20$ and it's easy to mod with some 1/2 CPVC for an adapter. It uses a simple nite finder style pullback mechanism and hold 2 shots, it fires as far if not further than a nite finder and has no air restrictors from what I know

#10 AtraUnam

AtraUnam

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:34 AM

Any of the revolver class blasters, Maverick, Cycloneshock, Hammershot can be very easily modded as side arms. A modded Cycloneshock with a stronger spring and a simple barrel conversion to fire elite darts can also make an excellent borderlands style revolver-rifle with some body alterations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users