Photo

Where Do You Prefer To Nerf?

Indoors or outdoors

19 replies to this topic

Poll: Where do you like to nerf (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Where do you like to nerf

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 wardog

wardog

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:06 PM

i personally like indoors for a few reasons:

1. no wind to misguide your dart.
2. easy to collect darts after a match.
3. i like close combat.

#2 jroQ

jroQ

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:11 PM

I like the outdoors because there are more room to roam. And I like roof warfare. :wacko:

#3 Vblast

Vblast

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:37 PM

Outdoors is more fun because you can run around and stuff. The only thing I dont like is losing most of my ammo.
I once saw an old lady slip and fall on a sidewalk and i laughed. Then i thought, what if i was an ant and she fell on me. Then it didn't seem quite so funny.

#4 cerealkiller

cerealkiller

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 04:10 PM

im still deciding, because both are equally very fun. Indoors is fun because theres more variety in the "map". You can also have a really good game of pistol wars indoors. Outdoors is good because usually your more far apart so high powered guns dont hurt you as much. Its also fun because there's alot of running, and sometimes more stratagic, like ambushing or rushing. Outdoors is more of a challenge because its much easier to dodge bullets.

i think indoors is better, I dont know, maybe because I've been playing outdoors for a while and indoors now seems more inviting.
Kids in the captian crunch Cereal comercial:
"NERFITIZE ME CAPTIAN!!!"

#5 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 04:12 PM

I prefer playing Indoors. It is always fun to play in a big dark room and scare the hell out of others on a rainy night.

Edited by Chessler, 03 September 2004 - 04:12 PM.

#6 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 04:29 PM

i like a combination of both, like a house and the front yard or a combination of 2 next door houses. Thats what my friends and i do all the time, or in an apartment complex, the door of your apt and the surrounding halls as well make great for ctf.

#7 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 04:44 PM

Indoor wars are for people who are embarressed that they nerf and dont want to go oudoors lest someone they now see's them, and they make no effort to get people into nerf.

Outdoor, is nerf, at a school, in a park.

THIRST
ko

#8 badabing0276

badabing0276

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 04:47 PM

Well, although I nerf outside, my best nerfing experience was when me and about 20 of my friends snuck in to an open door in my school. We were already nerfing outside, and we saw the janitor leave the door open. We played capture the flag, and the game took about 5 hours. I coulnd't believe the stupidity of the janitor who left the door open. We were never caught. I hope.
-"I was born 9 months premature".

-"My girlfriend had the crabs, so i bought her fishnets"

-"Did you know it was a year ago today?"

#9 V1Ru5 004

V1Ru5 004

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 07:11 PM

I like out doors better because in an inside war I got shot point blank by a 1500 in the upper lip. But I like indoor wars when your playing with only pistols.

#10 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 07:15 PM

Outdoors is good because usually your more far apart so high powered guns dont hurt you as much. Its also fun because there's alot of running, and sometimes more stratagic, like ambushing or rushing. Outdoors is more of a challenge because its much easier to dodge bullets.

I find that were I nerf, the same elements mentioned above apply to my indoor wars. I like indoors because of the fact of more stratagy. I have played in small wars, were I preffer outdoors over indoors, but with mass players, and a fiarly big building, I like indoor better.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#11 footemps

footemps

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 07:24 PM

I like indoor more than outdoor, there is more variation with indoor IMO.

A combo of both is the best though

#12 Inferno

Inferno

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 07:33 PM

I like inside. It's air conditioned, 2 story houses are awesome to nerf in, drinks/tv/snacks always at the ready, closed in spaces make nerfing really intense. Yeah, I guess I like inside more. But outside has it's advantages, too. You're able to use higher power weapons, don't have to worry about breaking anything as you would indoors. More space, more ground to cover, longer wars, usually. Dammit. I like them the same.
"I figured out what was wrong with your vacuum. Turns out a half-eaten meatball was clogging up the intake."
"Oh...well, did ya save it?"
"Uh-no."
"...You bastard."
-Family Guy

#13 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 12:39 PM

Warehouse.

Mike, get those VANS3 pics up here.
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#14 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 07:55 PM

"Indoor wars are for people who are embarressed that they nerf and dont want to go oudoors lest someone they now see's them, and they make no effort to get people into nerf."

Or, its fun. We usually do both at our wars. Outside is fun for long shots and space. Indoors is fun for the change up. Outdoors we usually do team slayers or CTF. Indoors we usually do team slayer but one team starts outside and the other inside. An infiltration style game I guess you could call it.

#15 Spaztic 75

Spaztic 75

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 08:11 PM

You've got to go outside. Indoors is cramped and its easy to break stuff. When you're ourside it's more challenging. You've got to take into account factors like wind, cars and fences. You've got natural baracades to avoid or use. Plus its a larger space to include more people and make games that involve a certain hidden target like capture the flag or protect your man more thrilling.
In the big picture I'm still next to nothing, he never talks to me.

#16 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:25 AM

You've got natural baracades to avoid or use

And you can make your own.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#17 Gene-ious

Gene-ious

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 01:11 AM

Outdoors is pretty cool, like where i play its in a school, but the classrooms are spaced apart with an outdoor walkway, so when we play, we can jump the short roofs, run hallways, and have some far ranging no barricaded land. Indoors is pretty fun also. It requires team strategy if its like a up vs bottom where most of the action takes place on the stairs. I like Outdoors because once when i was nerfing inside, i got shot in the eye with a Scout -_- <_<
<----Down to Earth Thinker

#18 wardog

wardog

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:24 AM

Indoor wars are for <a href="http://www.ntsearch....=56">people</a> who are embarressed that they nerf and dont want to go oudoors lest someone they now see's them, and they make no effort to get <a href="http://www.ntsearch....=56">people</a> into nerf.

Outdoor, is nerf, at a <a href="http://www.ntsearch....=56">school</a>, in a park.

THIRST

Man its nothin like that. Like i said i just like close combat. And besides i was the first person out of my friends to get a nerf gun. Yea i got laughed at -_- :lol: :lol: , <_< but when i popped up out of nowhere and shot them point blank with a modded nite finder :lol: , they were all itching for one. so i'm the one who got all of my friends into nerf.

#19 Drano

Drano

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 02:06 PM

i like the idea of roof warfare too ! it makes it real intresting. making you look in all directions not just at eye level.

and more room to run around.

but ... outdoor cant compare to the intensity of indoor.

if anybody is embaresed that they nerf, do this: when a non-nerfer is lookin take a pot shot at close range at one of your fellow nerfers, preferably when they arent lookin. their rxn to the should be more than adequate to convince passers by that modded nerf is a different game then what they remember as a kid.

Edited by Drano, 08 September 2004 - 02:08 PM.

#20 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:26 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: , :angry: ... :lol:

Please don't abuse the poor smilies.

They don't like you now.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users