Photo

What would be the best way to mod a nert dart?

dart

11 replies to this topic

#1 gagetegreat

gagetegreat

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:24 PM

I have been looking around for the best way to mod a nerf dart but are not sure which is the best.What way do you mod your darts?Or what is the best 3rd party darts to buy?

#2 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:48 AM

ACC darts from Wish. Just search "Black nerf darts"

If you poke through a couple listings, you'll find them for ~$2/50 darts (1 plus 1 shipping)

Shipping takes some time, but they're my favorite, and work in most of my blasters.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#3 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:20 AM

Koosh Gen 3 and  USC Gen 2 (why the crap have I not done a new review??) are my go to currently.

Edited by ravetrooper, 21 February 2017 - 02:20 AM.

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

#4 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:09 PM

Currently there's not much point to modding nerf darts since pretty much any war that allows modified darts will allow stefans or slugs.

I like the Ekinds white darts because they're reasonably accurate and glow in the dark. They have some feeding issues in drum magazines though, so I mostly use them in my hammershots and load my mags with whatever else is handy.

edit: the ones with the weird waffle tip in case Ekinds has other darts.

Edited by ToadBrews, 21 February 2017 - 06:10 PM.

#5 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:43 PM

SCS

#6 Pineapplepies

Pineapplepies

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:55 PM

I have been looking around for the best way to mod a nerf dart but are not sure which is the best.What way do you mod your darts?Or what is the best 3rd party darts to buy?

ACCurate darts are great, but I would just get bulleyes/precut or cutdown ACCs otherwise known as artifact darts. That would be for springers, for all around I would get the waffle darts, and for flywheels you will want Koosh darts. If you want slug type darts SCS work too, in link above, and the full length ones are accurate and my second choice for springers.

As for modding darts, putting straws in them, and cutting off the tip in elites and streamlines and making a glue dome are good ways to mod the darts to make them more accurate.

Edited by Pineapplepies, 10 March 2017 - 12:56 PM.

<p>It's nerf or...... every other blaster brand that is better 

Darth nerf "I used to like the deploy, I ''twas but a learner, now I am the master" Obi buzz bee kenobi "only a master of nerf evil darth"

#7 SirBrass

SirBrass

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

I like the Ekinds white darts because they're reasonably accurate and glow in the dark. They have some feeding issues in drum magazines though, so I mostly use them in my hammershots and load my mags with whatever else is handy.

What feeding issues? I've run them from my 25rnd drum mag in my stock RS, modified stryfe, and modified (for power) rampage. Zero feeding issues whatsoever.

The ekind type waffleheads are great darts, especially in high powered flywheel blasters (180 motor ones especially). The increased forward weight really stabilizes them well at over 100fps so very few whirlybird shots. And they feed very reliably I've found.

#8 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

What feeding issues? I've run them from my 25rnd drum mag in my stock RS, modified stryfe, and modified (for power) rampage. Zero feeding issues whatsoever.

The ekind type waffleheads are great darts, especially in high powered flywheel blasters (180 motor ones especially). The increased forward weight really stabilizes them well at over 100fps so very few whirlybird shots. And they feed very reliably I've found.

With 18 and 25 mags I was getting frequent double feed issues.

#9 SirBrass

SirBrass

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

What blaster are you running & if modded, how?

#10 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:29 PM

What blaster are you running & if modded, how?

Had the same issue between a stryfe (locks removed, worker extended pusher) a Crossbolt (locks removed, bungee shortened) and a Retaliator (locks removed, AR removed).

Issue was much worse on the crossbolt than the other two.

Edited by ToadBrews, 10 March 2017 - 09:36 PM.

#11 SirBrass

SirBrass

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:58 AM

Odd. Had no double feed issues with them. Only darts I had feed issues with were worn elites in my 7kg sprung rampage.

#12 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:47 AM

It's possible some of the 400 I bought for that war are poor qc and have a slightly smaller diameter, which would make it harder for the mags to hold them

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users