Photo

sledgefire sidesaddles

10 replies to this topic

#1 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:27 PM

does anyone make a 3D printed or otherwise side saddle shell holder for the sledgefire?

they are fairly common on real steel assault shotguns:

Remington-6-Shot-Side-Saddle-.jpg

nerf is my one cheap hobby

#2 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:48 AM

Its not exactly what you're looking for, but I've seen people chop the shell holder part of the stock and just glue it to the side of the blaster.

industrial designer

#3 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:57 PM

If you can get me some measurements for sledgefire shells (with darts loaded) I will look around and see if there are any realsteel accessories you could use (off the top of my head an elastic sidesaddle made for 40mm grenades might work).

#4 Hardly Ideal

Hardly Ideal

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:23 PM

Just to make sure I'm reading right, we're talking about something that holds the shells themselves? In that case, it looks like someone is selling a top-mounted version, among other things.

I could take a stab at modeling a side-saddle mount if I find the time. I don't have a Sledgefire, but I have an .stl of a shell that I can work with.

...are you sure this thing is on?

#5 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:23 PM

Just to make sure I'm reading right, we're talking about something that holds the shells themselves? In that case, it looks like someone is selling a top-mounted version, among other things.

I could take a stab at modeling a side-saddle mount if I find the time. I don't have a Sledgefire, but I have an .stl of a shell that I can work with.

Those guys have some sweet shell options, I was waiting on getting a sledgefire until it was on sale but drop-in converters for mega darts are really tempting.

#6 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:06 PM

POPULAR

i ended up using two ebay wrist dart holders. i slit each dart holder to create a big enough elastic band to hold the shells, wrapped them around the main body, and used a few dots of super glue to hold it in place. 

7C73A827-AC34-4B5D-8C14-D05D595849E8_zps

4111E03F-0A7C-4B60-BF9C-D00C97DFB8D9_zps

Edited by cockerpunk, 16 February 2017 - 11:14 PM.

#7 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:58 AM

That's really cool, cockerpunk.

#8 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:31 PM

it hold 12 shells now, which is far more practical. not that its a particularly pratical gun in the first place.  

#9 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:12 PM

I think the Sledgefire is immensely practical for indoor wars in tight quarters, like residential houses. Sure, the ROF is low, but being able to place 3 darts with great spread can't be beat by most stock blasters. 

Edited by shandsgator8, 18 February 2017 - 09:13 PM.

#10 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:22 PM

Yeah, there are only three blasters with 3-round spreads, and one of those is ancient and the other hasn't come out yet. (Triple Shot and The Judge, respectively)

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#11 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:25 PM

Yeah, there are only three blasters with 3-round spreads, and one of those is ancient and the other hasn't come out yet. (Triple Shot and The Judge, respectively)

Boomco Stealth Ambush! Not really war-practical though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users