A hardly ideal Rebelle PDW

Rebelle PDW personal defense weapon Toha Heavy Industries

3 replies to this topic

#1 Hardly Ideal

Hardly Ideal

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:23 PM

I don't think I've seen anyone modify many Rebelle blasters, and that's kind of a bummer. A lot of those look pretty sweet! Like, look at the Secret Shot.

FL5GV18IBFSM1ZG.MEDIUM.jpg

Sure, it's a little handbag thing, but try and have some vision.

FPVSPI8IBFSM1ZV.LARGE.jpg

See? That's more like it!

FPMXDQ4IBFSM1ZY.LARGE.jpg

"TOHA HEAVY INDUSTRIES

TYPE SS05 REPEATING PDW

12X72MM UNRIFLED POLYURETHANE SLUGS

CLEARANECE LEVEL - MIDNIGHT 3"

I've been into Tsutomu Nihei lately (BLAME!, Biomega, etc), so that's where the logo and general style comes from. He seems to have a thing for boxy weapons with surprising firepower, so it seemed like an obvious choice.

It wasn't all smooth sailing, though. I originally meant to try some sponged-on stripe deal, but...

FEIR1BAIBFSM1ZU.MEDIUM.jpg

FB5L2TYIBFSM1ZQ.MEDIUM.jpg

Wait, crap, that isn't right, why is this happening.

In retrospect, I really should've hit the whole thing with sandpaper to make the paint stick better. But in the meantime, I had some blank label paper I was already using for decals, so I got the idea to just freehand the contour lines instead. Not an ideal solution, but it works for now.

And no internal mods at this point, but I'm not entirely sure it needs any. Right out of the box, it gets decent range for something so small. I made this before I had access to a 3D printer, so now there might be more touches in its future. Rails, a better handle, a better release knob, who knows?

Not the best by any measure, but I'm still pleased as hell.

Edited by Hardly Ideal, 20 February 2017 - 02:28 PM.

...are you sure this thing is on?

#2 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:32 PM

I really like the lines of a lot of the rebelle blasters, secret shot among them, but they are not as easy to get ahold of as some other stuff. Less of them get sold, so less of them are thrifted, for one. I got a codebreaker crossbow on sale, but when I opened it up to remove the locks it turned out to be way more complex than I expected, so it's in the parts bin for now.

Your mod looks great, did you do any internal functional work or just the cool paintjob?

#3 Hardly Ideal

Hardly Ideal

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:53 PM

I got a codebreaker crossbow on sale, but when I opened it up to remove the locks it turned out to be way more complex than I expected, so it's in the parts bin for now.

I've looked at that thing longingly for a while. With just a little work, I'll bet you could make it look like something right outta Mass Effect.

Your mod looks great, did you do any internal functional work or just the cool paintjob?

Not yet. I forget how it looked exactly, but it was a little complex inside and I wasn't really set up for tinkering with the internals.

But again, I'm not sure it really needs any. I haven't tested it thoroughly, but it kinda feels like a Doublestrike in priming and range. That is to say, a little stiff and surprisingly far. I could easily see myself dropping my Rayven when I run out of magazines and going the rest of a fight with the Secret Shot and loose darts.

...are you sure this thing is on?

#4 ToadBrews

ToadBrews

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:16 PM

I've looked at that thing longingly for a while. With just a little work, I'll bet you could make it look like something right outta Mass Effect.

Hasbro is dumping them for like $12+2 shipping new in box on their official Ebay (Hasbro Toy Shop), that's what made me decide to grab one. I really like both the looks and the ergonomics of it, but I'd like it more if I could get it to work! :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rebelle, PDW, personal defense weapon, Toha Heavy Industries

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users