Vulcan

2 replies to this topic

#1 Cool name

Cool name

• FNG-FB 
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:05 AM

Hiya!

So, I'm going to begin modding a vulcan I found at a value village but first I would like to figure out something.  So the belt won't feed properly (I believe the belt feeding gear isn't strong enough.)I would like to know what the problem would be.  But I would like to hear what you guys think?  Also some answers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:25 PM

So the belt won't feed properly (I believe the belt feeding gear isn't strong enough.)I would like to know what the problem would be.  But I would like to hear what you guys think?  Also some answers would be appreciated.

You answered your own question. Essentially the Vulcan is made so the belt can be pulled in either direction so children don't break then thing/hurt themselves while in use. It achieves this by having a spring-loaded gear which forces the gear forward on the same axis that the gear spins. When too much force is applied, the gear "slips" off of it's housing, I believe it's a hexogonal male-female connection on the inside. If you actually take it apart you will see what I'm talking about. Currently no known solution that I am aware of. Vulcan is fun but it is also garbage in terms of practicality. It probably won't be an easy fix.

Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#3 Vim Fuego

Vim Fuego

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:21 PM

That hexagonal male-female connecter that Aeromech talks about has a spring behind it that prevents slippage during normal use. You might only need to replace the spring with a slightly stronger one to make it work. You could also (carefully) re-stretch it a bit, but this isn't ideal as it can negate the tempering in the metal, and it will start to compress again over time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vulcan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users