Superstock sambo new england MA RI CT NH War

2 replies to this topic

#1 Caruso

Caruso

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:11 AM

Rhode Island Summer Nerf league August War

To RSVP and for more info go to the Meetup group https://www.meetup.c...ents/240665040/

- Saturday July15, 2017

- Starts at 12pm and end around 5pm

Where

- 297 New Meadow Road, Barrington, RI. Park in the side lot, we play behind the building.

Ages

- This is an all ages game so bring the appropriate attitude. If no younger players show up, let loose, but if they do; show the appropriate level of respect

Blasters

- Stock blasters are welcome

- Modded blasters are permitted and encouraged
- No homemades

- Melee weapons are permitted as long as they are deem safe by the organizer

Darts

- stock or knockoff darts only
- full length, straw mod is ok but no other dart mods

Rules

1. Don't be a jerk (This is the most important rule)
2. Don't be a jerk (Seriously, poor sportsmanship will get you asked to leave)
As a side note, I have never asked anyone to leave, we have a very good group of players.
3. Provide your own equipment, there may be loaner blasters available for first timers or guests, but in general, you are responsible for providing your own equipment. This includes blasters, darts, magazines, and other various equipment. I recommend marking your darts with your initials as well as marking your blasters and accessories.
4. Bring water.
5. BRING WATER, I don't care if it's 40 degrees out, you will be running around, you will be exercising, you will get tired and you will need to stay hydrated.
6. Bring something for lunch or some snacks if you want to eat in between rounds.
7. Melee weapons may be approved for use based on game type, number of players, and the nature of the melee weapon itself. Don't count on getting to use melee if you bring it, I will let you know once I see it and have games planned out.
8. Home made blasters/darts and modified darts are not allowed. We play Superstock games. Modified blasters are fine as long as they are within roughly 130 FPS. This rule is strictly enforced. No home mades. We have a lot of younger players with access to nothing but stock load outs and they want to have fun too.
9. FOR PARENTS: We are not responsible for your children. We are not a summer camp or official organization, just a group of Nerf enthusiasts who invite anyone else to enjoy our hobby with us. This is a 5 hour event, please plan to be here if you need to be, and plan transport for children you are comfortable leaving with the group.
10. The games we play and the group is appropriate for kids ages 10+. That being said, we have adult players, teenagers, and kids between 10 and 13 that come on a regular basis. Understand that we have a very diverse age group. Older kids and adults are asked to keep their language appropriate for the youngest player, and all players are to be respected regardless of age.

11. EYE PROTECTION IS REQUIRED. If you don't have eye protection, you cannot play. No exceptions. This is part of bringing your own equipment, we do not have loaner eye protection. Nerf makes facemasks that can be purchased for $15 at the nearby target or walmart.

Game types
-Flux

-Team Slayer

- Capture the Flag (with a pair big flags)

- King of the Hill (with 3 time cubes)

- Free for all games (make allies at your own risk)

- Pistol Rounds

- One in the chamber

- Payload

- Twilight (Multi team game like zombies where there are a lot of team switching)

- other assorted types

If there is any questions feel free to post them or, message me or the organizer on meetup

#2 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:23 AM

I'd probably show up if the event was from 10am - 5pm to justify driving all the way, and if there was more to play than just super stock. 

That's just my two cents, but there's probably many people that feel just like I do. 

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#3 Caruso

Caruso

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:02 AM

I'd probably show up if the event was from 10am - 5pm to justify driving all the way, and if there was more to play than just super stock. 

That's just my two cents, but there's probably many people that feel just like I do. 

Others have said that but not as nicely as you did. The true of it is that our group doesn't really have a base interest for nic. We don't have any nic blasters and only two of us have talk about making a trip to NENO event someday. And the most of ours players are younger age and pretty green to modding so nic is out of there ability and parents' comfort zone. So nic rounds would not be well receive and we have check with a numbers of our players. That being said if some day if our group gets interest enough into nic, we will host a nic war.

This wasn't meant to be directed at you, Lucian. It was just a good time and opportunity to explain before someone say something along the lines of 'allow nic and you will double your numbers' which the opposite is more likely to happen. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Superstock, sambo, new england, MA, RI, CT, NH, War

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users