Hello everyone. So I'm posting because I've run into a problem that I'm sure most other Modders will eventually run into at one point or another. So I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and make a helpful post for both me and others.
A month ago I changed out my Stryfe motors for these https://www.pololu.com/product/611known as the Solarbotics RM2
Today I received some batteries I ordered from wish (I'm sure you know where this is going by now) and installed them. (4 of them)
Here is the motors reference information.
Name: Solarbotics RM2
Form Factor: 130mm
Volts tolerance:9v max
Max amps draw: 300mA
Here is the batteries reference information.
Name: UltraFire 14500 Rechagable Lithium AA Battery 1200mAh 3.7V
Form Factor: AA
I got them running for about a total of 15 seconds before smoke started coming from the motor cage and it stopped functioning entirely.
I'm not 100% sure why they failed. But my first guess would be that I didn't realize that batteries in a series increase voltage. So 3.7v x 4 batteries = 14.8v (right?).
Assuming the above statement is correct I over volted the crap out of them and it caused the internals to fry.
So i guess I'm asking if someone can confirm or explain what I did wrong here. I'm sure its the voltage. Also funny story, the stock switch didn't fry.
Thanks to the posts below we figured out that because of my lithium Ion ultrafire's I did indeed fry the hell out of my motors.
2nd we determined that the best motors for my setup (ideally running from a 3s Lipo) are MTB Rhino Motors http://www.containme...op/mtb/mtb-001/
3rd I intend to order and install these to see how things go. I don't know if I'll need anything else to work with them as my wiring is much thicker but we'll find out.
Edited by Lordtac, 28 January 2017 - 05:26 PM.