Anyone made a Crossbolt with actual bow arms, and would it be a good

Crossbow Crossbolt

7 replies to this topic

#1 SyntheticDiamond

SyntheticDiamond

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:20 PM

Looking at the Crossbolt design, I think it might be possible. What mods would have to be done to the rest of the blaster?

#2 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:41 AM

I don't understand what you're saying. The Crossbolt does use actual bow arms to fire projectiles.

industrial designer

#3 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:43 AM

I think they mean to take a actual bow, then jam it on the front of a crossbolt.

Co-Owner of the History of Nerf Modding research project, moderator of r/Nerf, owner of BlasterWiki, maker of 3d printed blasters (GitHub/Thingi) and Nerfy art.

#4 SyntheticDiamond

SyntheticDiamond

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:48 AM

Something like that, then run a string back to the catch.

#5 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

So using the arms of the bow to store the energy instead of the string. Try it out yourself and get back to us on it.

Edited by Spud Spudoni, 17 January 2017 - 01:37 AM.

industrial designer

#6 Sketch Art Online

Sketch Art Online

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:35 PM

bow arms tend to be much stronger than an elastic cord.  if you managed to make this work (presumably with fiberglass bow arms), you would most likely need to upgrade the catch mechanism, not designed for as much force as bow arms would provide.

I don't understand what you're saying. The Crossbolt does use actual bow arms to fire projectiles.

the crossbolt does not use bow arms.  in a bow, the bow arms do the flexing and the string stays rigid.  in the crossbolt, the power is coming from the elastic string, pretty much making it the world's most suped-up slingshot.

Do not aim at eyes or face

#7 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

the crossbolt does not use bow arms.  in a bow, the bow arms do the flexing and the string stays rigid.  in the crossbolt, the power is coming from the elastic string, pretty much making it the world's most suped-up slingshot.

It does use bow arms, just not use them to store energy to fire darts. Slight distinction there. I fully understand how bows work.

industrial designer

#8 shardbearer

shardbearer

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:55 AM

Look at the BullPAC, it's a pretty cool blaster.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crossbow, Crossbolt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users