September 16th 10am to done
Setup at 9:30 am
Schott Park 8510 Will Clayton Pkwy, Humble, TX 77338
SAMBO/super stock
Need more NIC interest.
Come and go as you please
All ages welcome. Family friendly.
No realistic blasters, please.
Bring eye protection. I repeat. Bring eye protection.
If you can't drive you must be accompanied by someone who can the time you are there. No drop offs.
Use the west entrance and go all the way to the back.
https://www.facebook...10597699068866/
meetup.com/Southeast-Texas-Nerf-Club/
Search for us on google and reddit.
Lets bring a huge nerf scene to Houston.
This will happen the first Saturday of every month until I die or move... Or lose interest I guess.

Edited by lpat982, 03 September 2017 - 11:08 PM.

#2 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:01 PM

I said in the other thread that I'd be there, so I want to check and see if this is still happening. There hasn't been a lot of interest here, have you gotten enough elsewhere?

#3 Alton Barna

Alton Barna

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:47 PM

I would love to show up I am in Houston please let me know if this is still on hard to find any nerf wars down here

#4 Hunty Bunches Of Oats

Hunty Bunches Of Oats

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:48 PM

I said in the other thread that I'd be there, so I want to check and see if this is still happening. There hasn't been a lot of interest here, have you gotten enough elsewhere?

I would love to show up I am in Houston please let me know if this is still on hard to find any nerf wars down here

I have no idea how often he checks on here, but I joined the group on Meetup and according to that, it's still happening and there are at least 17 people attending.

#5 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:00 PM

I have no idea how often he checks on here, but I joined the group on Meetup and according to that, it's still happening and there are at least 17 people attending.

Sweet. Unless I hear otherwise from lpat then, I'll assume it's still on and I'll be there.

#6 Hunty Bunches Of Oats

Hunty Bunches Of Oats

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:16 AM

Sweet. Unless I hear otherwise from lpat then, I'll assume it's still on and I'll be there.

Sadly I won't be at this one, hopefully the "once a month" thing works out. If it does I should be at the next one.

#7 Alton Barna

Alton Barna

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:28 AM

Ok see y'all there guess I gotta break out a springer that I didn't mod probly gonna be my alpha trooper and hammershot as side arm

#8 Hunty Bunches Of Oats

Hunty Bunches Of Oats

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:47 AM

Ok see y'all there guess I gotta break out a springer that I didn't mod probly gonna be my alpha trooper and hammershot as side arm

If I was going I would have some lightly modded stuff I could loan to you... but I won't be there.

#9 Alton Barna

Alton Barna

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

Says no modded I though I have an alpha with a 8kg should I bring that? Also the next best is a modded Stryfe but I will use boom co as secondary M6 pistol btw

If I was going I would have some lightly modded stuff I could loan to you... but I won't be there.

Guess I will bring some modded in case

#10 Hunty Bunches Of Oats

Hunty Bunches Of Oats

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:48 PM

Says no modded I though I have an alpha with a 8kg should I bring that? Also the next best is a modded Stryfe but I will use boom co as secondary M6 pistol btw

Guess I will bring some modded in case

It says "superstock" meaning stock blasters (not homemade) modded to be "super" so yes modded blasters are allowed.

#11 lpat982

lpat982

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:49 AM

Sorry everyone. Been stuck on planes the last few days. All is a go. Mod all you want. Bring your NIC if you got em. See yup there.

#12 Alton Barna

Alton Barna

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:47 AM

On my way be there soon

#13 Alton Barna

Alton Barna

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:44 AM

Where exactly do we meet I am at the park

#14 lpat982

lpat982

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

Thanks to all that came out. I only got a couple of pics so I need to poach some from friends on Facebook. I think we had about 20 to 25 Nerfers once everyone got there. I know that some couldn't make it so we are gonna keep on keepin on. Same time and place next month. I will try and bring some food this time around. Bring all of your friends and put up some game types we can add to the rotation. I already added on meet up and stay tuned for more information.

#15 Alton Barna

Alton Barna

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:14 AM

Thanks to all that came out. I only got a couple of pics so I need to poach some from friends on Facebook. I think we had about 20 to 25 Nerfers once everyone got there. I know that some couldn't make it so we are gonna keep on keepin on. Same time and place next month. I will try and bring some food this time around. Bring all of your friends and put up some game types we can add to the rotation. I already added on meet up and stay tuned for more information.

I will be sure to be there it was great meeting with y'all and having a war

#16 Alton Barna

Alton Barna

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:30 PM

Think I am gonna quit nerf. So far in the past 2 days I have broke one expensive blaster and one rare blaster to the point where they can't be used my rapidstrike nor will never be able to work and my alpha troopers plunger tube cracked. All because I tried to mod them both I can't keep up with the loss of money and guns nerf and really any other hobby just don't seem like something I can support anymore.

#17 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:58 PM

Oh come on. What kind of thinking is that? Frugality is all well and good, but isn't it early to quit? Every one of us here who can claim to be good at mods or homemades has broken a blaster or several over the years as we figured things out. Hell, I still break blasters every now and then and I've been doing this for over a decade. Every broken blaster is a chance to understand how it works a little better as you try to fix it. Even if they're completely gone, then it can serve as a lesson of what not to do next time.

It's also possible neither of those problems are unfixable. Why don't you slow down, take some good pictures, and make a thread or two in the modifications section explaining exacty what went wrong. Where's the break in the AT plunger tube? What exactly is the rapidstrike doing or not doing? What were you trying to do when you attempted these mods?

And if you truly are quitting, then I'm sorry to hear that. There are so few Texas nerfers, losing any is a shame. I enjoyed nerfing with you on Saturday and it would suck to not see you back.

#18 Hunty Bunches Of Oats

Hunty Bunches Of Oats

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:27 PM

Think I am gonna quit nerf. So far in the past 2 days I have broke one expensive blaster and one rare blaster to the point where they can't be used my rapidstrike nor will never be able to work and my alpha troopers plunger tube cracked. All because I tried to mod them both I can't keep up with the loss of money and guns nerf and really any other hobby just don't seem like something I can support anymore.

If you need any help with modding there are plenty of people to ask, this is Nerf Haven after all. Learn from your mistakes and change it up them the next go round. Also if you ever need to borrow anything i will be at the next war and would be happy to loan you some stuff or even help you out with modding basics (i myself am still learning the basics). Just don,t give up bud.

#19 lpat982

lpat982

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:14 PM

Failure only exists when you include the word quit with it. I never fail because I never quit. Keep on keepin on. Save those pennies and hit up the goodwill. Found a barricade and a raider there today. Even when a decent mod is done it never seems complete. You will always be adjusting and tweaking or adding something to it. Which just adds to the fun of the hobby. Step back and take pleasure in what you are doing. Don't beat yourself up because it doesn't work right the first time. Because, come on man, it's just the first time. Pretty soon you will know how many screws are in your alpha trooper and won't think twice about splitting it.

#20 Alton Barna

Alton Barna

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:54 PM

A switch on the trigger box of my rapidstrike popped open be I can't fix that and it is not a traditional nerf switch on the alpha trooper it split down the middle of the breach

I think I will start doing mods I know I can do so can someone send me links to some good motors for a Stryfe and a lypo charger and adapter to get something going that can compete out there

#21 lpat982

lpat982

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:47 PM

http://www.containme...t-category/mtb/

These motors seem to be the go to. I always run stock until they can't take it anymore. If I remember right most go to Hobbyking for batteries and chargers.

#22 Alton Barna

Alton Barna

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

Ok thanks for the info I know I am good with electronics so I will start here and wire in a lipo

#23 lpat982

lpat982

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

It already seems like the last war was a month ago but the next war is still just about 2 weeks away. I don't know about you guys but I am gearing up for it. I think that I finally got all of the kinks out of my barricade. It should be a sweet little side arm. I modified another M6. Although I don't think that my team ever won while I was using it, it did feel like cheating a little at times. So, I will have a loaner M6 out there. Hopefully I have one mod left in me before the 4th. My stryfe is currently laying everywhere. Any cheap and easy food suggestions and also any game suggestions give me a shout out. I hope to get more footage and pics to help pub the club. Come one. Come all. Bring all of your friends, and your siblings, and their siblings, and their cousins, and those people down the street.

#24 Hunty Bunches Of Oats

Hunty Bunches Of Oats

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:11 PM

It already seems like the last war was a month ago but the next war is still just about 2 weeks away. I don't know about you guys but I am gearing up for it. I think that I finally got all of the kinks out of my barricade. It should be a sweet little side arm. I modified another M6. Although I don't think that my team ever won while I was using it, it did feel like cheating a little at times. So, I will have a loaner M6 out there. Hopefully I have one mod left in me before the 4th. My stryfe is currently laying everywhere. Any cheap and easy food suggestions and also any game suggestions give me a shout out. I hope to get more footage and pics to help pub the club. Come one. Come all. Bring all of your friends, and your siblings, and their siblings, and their cousins, and those people down the street.

I will be there this time, I will be bringing my superstock and NIC Loadouts. I will also bring some loaners like a stock sentinel which should keep up with lightly modded stuff in case anyone needs it.

#25 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:49 PM

I plan on being there again. My rapidstrike is being worked on a little, as is my CF spring gun. I don't have much in the way of superstock loaners, but I'll have plenty of NIC stuff if anyone needs something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users