Photo

Someone please help me screwdrivers are driving me insane!

8 replies to this topic

#1 NerfBeginner16

NerfBeginner16

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:18 PM

I have tryed lots of screwdrivers from hardware stores in my areas and non of them will fit they nerf screws with out loosing grip or striping. Please tell me the EXACT screwdriver company name and type size everything. The Exact one I should have mostly because im trying to oepn my Flipfury and I keep striping screws and breaking them. Im sick of buying many screw drivers from different stores told there good and then waste my money and not get what I asked. Thanks! 

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:09 PM

You need a #0 size philips screwdriver. Just get whichever one has the fattest handle.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 NerfBeginner16

NerfBeginner16

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:50 PM

Can you please give me a specific link cause I already tryed 0 and 00 and it still hasnt worked i got a stanley double 0 screw driver today and it sucked.

#4 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:39 PM

POPULAR

I've had good experience with the basic Harbor Freight & Tool Philips 6-Piece set. The Big Philips drivers for my Xbow and the small Philips driver for almost everything else. For the few things with a smaller hole, I use this old set with no brand name on it.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#5 NerfBeginner16

NerfBeginner16

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:00 AM

Purchase link please.

#6 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:37 PM

http://www.harborfre...-set-62570.html

The #1 Phillips works for almost everything since the Longshot. You want a #1 driver, since the tip of the #0 is too small to catch.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#7 NerfBeginner16

NerfBeginner16

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 12:25 PM

Can these unscrew a flipfury though? And are the stick thin enough to even makes its way into the shell? Because they look pretty fat and thick.

Also In case a 1 is to big maybe try to give me a good set for nerf guns that includes a 00, 0, and 1 all in it?

#8 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:34 PM

I think Dollar tree still sells a pack of two screwdrivers. One is a flat head and one is philips, they are of a pretty standard size. The set they sell now is slightly different from the one I bought a few years ago but I believe it is similar. The ones I bought haven't failed over a few years of light to medium use. 

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#9 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:39 PM

I hoard Harbor Freight free screwdriver sets for the #1's (free with super common coupon and purchase), which should open just about everything. Your standard driver is a #2, which doesn't fit the small screws. A #0 is probably also good to have on hand and would come in a precision set like this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users