Photo

[Help] Pump Replacement

4 replies to this topic

#1 BLOOGa

BLOOGa

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:22 PM

Hello! I am currently doing a panther integration. I have spent over an hour googling but I can't find a fitting for connecting a bike pump to vinyl tubing. Does such a thing exist? Or do I have to glue the pump directly to the tubing? Any help would be appreciated!

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

You have several options. You can either buy a schrader valve fitting from an industrial catalog. Or you can just cut the tire connection off of the end of the bike pump and connect that hose ID to a correctly sized barbed fitting. And you may need a worm-drive clamp to secure it.

Both options will still need another fitting that is compatible with the tubing inside your blaster.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:23 PM

Well, there are some barbed fittings available for bike pumps. As a matter of fact, I've got one such fitting in my tool cabinet. That ought to make my other Titan-based project move quicker.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#4 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:12 AM

What I did was epoxy a push-to-fit vinyl coupler to the end of the pump, then attached the vinyl tubing to the coupler

You can see what I mean here: http://nerfhaven.com...ider/?hl=raider

You can compare how I attached the vinyl tubing by looking/comparing the pictures in the first and last post. The last post shows what I mean about gluing the coupler to the pump.

Edited by shandsgator8, 22 December 2016 - 08:13 AM.

#5 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:04 AM

If you follow CaptainSlugs advice to harvest the valve stem off of a bike inner tube, remember to unscrew and remove the internal valve from the stem so it doesn't decrease your air flow and then warm the vinyl tubing up a little (to help it to stretch over the valve stem) and put a light coating of epoxy or plumbers goop on the valve stem before stuffing the vinyl tubing over for the final time. Add a double looped zip tie over the tubing or a worm gear pipe clamp (but I prefer to double loop a zip tie- less bulk)) and you should be good to go.

Edited by shmmee, 27 December 2016 - 11:10 AM.

"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users