Photo

Cs-6 Magazine feeding/priming issue

3 replies to this topic

#1 Lordtac

Lordtac

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:58 AM

Hello again. I was preparing to deliver a modded CS-6 to my friend for christmas the other day and decided to perform a test fire with it. I inserted a mag I normally use for my Longshot (zombie strike) and went to prime it but the forward priming motion was getting "stuck" and refused to slide forward.

At first I thought the blaster was damaged somehow in storage but I remembered that the blaster came with its own 6 round mag as well.

I inserted that mag and it fired just fine with only the occasional jam from darts getting lodged in the bolt. I searched to try and find information about this unique kind of jamming but searching anything with "Nerf" and "prime" led me to amazon for the most part and searching "Nerf Magazine Jam" lead me to tutorials on how to fix the mag spring.

Does anyone know what might be causing this phenomena?

BLASTER INFO:

long-strike white with a fresh orange works immortal mod installed 7kg spring all parts used.

No abnormal behavior from the blaster that I am aware of besides this and the dart lodging jams.

Longshot magazine is a see through mag (one side) that holds 6 rounds, it came with my elite model stryfe.

Longstrike magazine is a solid mag (no see-through plastic) that holds 6 rounds

DETAILS:

the elite model mag causes the forward prime motion to jam.

the solid mag allows a smooth priming motion.

This issue started after taking the blaster out of my car trunk where it stayed for 3 weeks. It was wrapped in a towel for protection during this time.

#2 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:46 AM

is the mag not seating properly? It might be an issue with the mag itself that causes jams. 
If the blaster works with other mags but not that one, it might just be the mag that has an issue

#3 Lordtac

Lordtac

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:06 PM

Sorry for my late reply, I think you are right. I only asked because my stryfe seems to function just fine with it.

#4 ComradeSch

ComradeSch

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:45 PM

The OMW Immortal kit can be fickle at first, you need to break it in a bit and then it'll be way more reliable. Also, worn darts jam a lot, so make sure you don't feed bad darts.

Edited by ComradeSch, 08 January 2017 - 01:47 AM.

Moar dakka iz best dakka ya gitz.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users