4B not working

6 replies to this topic

#1 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:01 AM

I'm going to hop onto the chain of people asking for help with blasters that aren't working. Sorry.

Anywho, I recently acquired a 4B from a friend who was thinning out his arsenal, but it hasn't worked for a couple years. When I disassembled it, it worked a bit. I tried pumping it, but mostly it didn't work. I think that either the O-ring or the OPRV aren't sealing. To test the tank's seal, I manually inflated the tank by blowing into the tube where the pump went.

At first, the tank would fire when pumped carefully or inflated by lung, but something happened and the tank won't pressurize or depressurize.

Pictures won't really help; should I record video?

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#2 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:11 AM

Check valve is shot. Cut off the pump, cut out the old check valve, flush the system with water so no plastic chips are inside, then glue a 1" pvc endcap or a oprv setup like that one guy used to do (can't remember his name) where the pump used to be. Drill a hole in the tank and attach a pump with a new check valve spliced in between the pump and tank. Should work fine.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#3 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:34 AM

Check valve is shot. Cut off the pump, cut out the old check valve, flush the system with water so no plastic chips are inside, then glue a 1" pvc endcap or a oprv setup like that one guy used to do (can't remember his name) where the pump used to be. Drill a hole in the tank and attach a pump with a new check valve spliced in between the pump and tank. Should work fine.

I think the guy you may be thinking of is BrokenSVT

industrial designer

#4 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:35 AM

Do this and you'll have no problems. http://nerfhaven.com...ith-stock-oprv/

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#5 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:54 PM

T2BB, Blitz; Thanks for the suggestions. One little problem: I wasn't planning on keeping things in the 4B shell.

I have realized that I dont' have the equipment or skills to make the plusbow internals for a Tornadobow, and I remembered one of the posts in the original T-Bow thread. Not having a 3K tank, I decided to do the next best thing, and stick a 4B in.

Perhaps, I should just go on Amazon and buy an XBZ for ~$15-$20 instead.

#6 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:43 PM

Easy enough to put the Zorn's modded tank and pump in a tornado shell, I know the U3 did it at some point. The biggest problem you'll have is the trigger setup. 

Edited by Ice Nine, 08 December 2016 - 06:10 PM.
Added a link to the reference.

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#7 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:04 PM

In trying to find a write-up, I saw Aeromech's "Terrible Tornado", involving a Titan tank. I need to get an Air Maxx 6 pump, and I'll be all set to replicate his.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users