Photo

Best motors for a rapidstrike on 3S Lipo?

Lipo Rapidstrike motors

7 replies to this topic

#1 MagnusBuildsComputers

MagnusBuildsComputers

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:19 AM

Hello nerfers!

So I've snagged a rapidstrike for christmas, and I was planning on making it into a dart hose, min 10 dps. I already have a 3s 2200mah Lipo lying around from another mod, so I'd rather use that instead of ordering another lipo, what motors are the 'best' when it comes to the flywheels and the pusher mech? I would prefer not to do any shell mods to accommodate for the motors, so 130 sized only. 

Thanks in advance.

#2 myvenom

myvenom

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:18 AM

I think blastertech rates the MTB Rhinos on a 3s lipo at 10 dps. Probably your best bet for 130 motors is to get three of them.

Edit: they have them at 9 dps so if you need it over 10 dps get a honey badger for the pusher motor.

http://www.blasterte...3_13607466.aspx

Edited by myvenom, 19 December 2016 - 10:36 AM.

#3 ComradeSch

ComradeSch

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

Ryan at MTB did a great video on this subject, I'll refer you to him.

https://www.youtube....h?v=paVvQyNmxnc

Moar dakka iz best dakka ya gitz.

#4 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:45 AM

I know you said 130 only, but I used all Hellcats on my Rapidstrike and they're the nuts.

Flywheels rev up in about 150ms and the pusher cycle takes about 110ms.

Dynamic braking is also great. No pusher overshoot at all and flywheels come to a complete stop in about 100ms.

The motors don't really protrude too far through the shell. You could patch the holes with some styrene if you don't have access to a 3d printer.

Edited by Zack the Mack, 22 December 2016 - 11:47 AM.

Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#5 myvenom

myvenom

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

I know you said 130 only, but I used all Hellcats on my Rapidstrike and they're the nuts.
Flywheels rev up in about 150ms and the pusher cycle takes about 110ms.
Dynamic braking is also great. No pusher overshoot at all and flywheels come to a complete stop in about 100ms.
The motors don't really protrude too far through the shell. You could patch the holes with some styrene if you don't have access to a 3d printer.

This! I initially bought rhinos to put in mine and changed my mind and ordered the hellcats and will just use a rhino for the pusher. I think on my next rapidstrike I'm gonna try the Xtreme 180s.

#6 MagnusBuildsComputers

MagnusBuildsComputers

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:38 PM

Yeah, after posting on reddit as well as nerfhaven, I'm going with a triple Hellcat setup in my rapidstrike, ordered them 2 days ago.

Luckily, I do have access to one, however I haven't found any stl files of 180 motor covers for the flywheels and pusher.

Quick pre build question, how do 180 motors stay in the cage? Stock cage doesn't seem to have the holes for screws that aftermarket ones do.

Thanks.

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

Quick pre build question, how do 180 motors stay in the cage?

Answering this belatedly, but 180 motors fit tightly enough in the stock motor cage that you won't need any hardware to keep them in place. They're an interference fit and won't rotate in place due to their shape.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 NerfGeek416

NerfGeek416

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:20 PM

I use the jam door as a motor cover, and a bottle cap from your brewery of choice makes an excellent pusher motor cover.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lipo, Rapidstrike, motors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users