help Longstrike Long-Strike CS-6

3 replies to this topic

#1 Lordtac

Lordtac

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:33 AM

Hello, I am new here and am just getting into modding NERF blasters but I've run into a problem.

I have a Longstrike CS-6 White out that I have put the orange mod immortal kit on with the 7kg spring. I did it as a gift to my friend for X-mas (the blaster before this mod was inoperable). However now when I attempt to prime it with the default handle I BEND the priming mechanism (the piece the handle slips into) if I attempt to prime it using only one side.

During installation I did the following.

1- I removed all of the locks.

2- I cleaned up the interior as best I could

3- I used every piece of the immortal kit except extra parts.

4- After some struggling (The trigger catch spring kept slipping) I put it back together

I've considered doing a mod on the priming handle to ensure that equal pressure is being applied to either side of the handle but I have two problems with doing that right now.

1- I'm relatively broke and I didn't predict this to be an issue.

2- I am unsure how to do this really.

A lot of you guys are much more experienced at modding NERF blasters than I am. I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you

-Tac

#2 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • State:Ontario
  • MKC on Youtube

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:24 AM

Pull back on both handles at the same time while bracing the stock against your shoulder.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#3 Silly

Silly

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:44 AM

In expansion to blue's reply:

Due to the increased spring load it is reccomend to prime using both sides of the handle because priming on one side acts like a shear and can lead to breaking the priming mech. To avoid the issue, you could use a lower spring load.
On the other hand, you could also install a pump grip to distribute the priming force.

Edited by Silly, 07 December 2016 - 10:51 AM.

"This is a bullshit quote with no significant meaning." -Me, 2017

#4 Lordtac

Lordtac

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:53 AM

Aw ok I was concerned that I didn't install the mod correctly. Thank you for the quick reply both of you. I'll probably install a new priming mech as the stock plastic one is flimsy and feels like its going to break if I continue to use it. Additionally is it normal for the spring to make a kind of "crunching" noise until its broken in?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, Longstrike, Long-Strike, CS-6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users