Possible desolator mod

Mod Nerf Desolator

2 replies to this topic

#1 ENP10

ENP10

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:58 PM

So I'm looking to possibly get a desolator and I was wondering if it would be possible to do a rewire, motor upgrade, and run it off 8 (*Sigh* yes 8) AA Batteries using the built-in battery tray and adding another 4 in the stock. Yes yes I know what you will all say. ENP10 Just use a lipo! ENP10 Just use IMRs! I know that either of those would work better. But I just want to know if this would even be a possibility.

I Found some epoxy putty hidden in the basement and freaked out.

#2 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:53 AM

So I'm looking to possibly get a desolator and I was wondering if it would be possible to do a rewire, motor upgrade, and run it off 8 (*Sigh* yes 8) AA Batteries using the built-in battery tray and adding another 4 in the stock. Yes yes I know what you will all say. ENP10 Just use a lipo! ENP10 Just use IMRs! I know that either of those would work better. But I just want to know if this would even be a possibility.

If there is room in the stock I would say sure you could do this. Run each 4 pack black to a motor and try to isolate the reds coming from the rev switch so each motor has there own power pack.

#3 ENP10

ENP10

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:11 AM

Ok thanks!

I Found some epoxy putty hidden in the basement and freaked out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mod, Nerf, Desolator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users