rapidstrikeshellwork tacmod flared magwell Rapidstrike shellwork nerf

3 replies to this topic

#1 Flywheel Danny

Flywheel Danny

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:16 AM

Hello everybody,

This is a project I've been working on for quite a while now, and I feel like it has reached a stage where I actually have some concrete things to show. From the moment I saw Torukmakto4's Tacmod3.1 I knew I had to build one myself. I love the tacital look the blaster achieves with the flat top and bottom. I wanted to get just a bit more of a vlean look by extending the barrel shroud, and filling the sharkteeth like Foamdataservice's dentist rapidstrike mods. I'm also working on a custom flared magwell made from some flattened pvc. I'm not quite sure if I like the aestethics as much as I thought I would. If you guys could let me know what your opinions are on the magwell that would be greatly appreciated. I'll add a picatinny top and bottom rail, and maybe a pair of side rails as well, but I'm not sure if I want to disrupt the clean lines I have on the barrel shroud. I would also like to extend the grip like on apexweaponsystems ultimate rapidstrike, but I currently dont have a suitable replacement grip and I have my doubts about the structural integrety of a glueed on grip. Any thoughts on that? It will be running an artifact red cage in wich I will try to fit some worker flywheel just to see how the combination turns out. I'll either run xp180's or hellcats on a graphene 3s, with a honeybadger or hellcat as a pusher motor. Finally there's a little sneakpeak in a future post on the end of the photostream, hope you guys enjoy.

PB191378.JPG

PB191380.JPG

Heres a side by side comparison with a stock rapidstrike:

Rapidstrike - kopie.jpg

PB191381.JPG

Here is the flared magwell:

PB191391.JPG

PB191389.JPG

PB191387.JPG

Top shell:

PB191394.JPG

The top plate will be bolted on:

PB191392.JPG

PB191400.JPG

Sneak peak:

21 mag.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• PB191378.JPG

#2 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:14 AM

Internal shots, battery/motor specs, and a wiring diagram would be nice.

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#3 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 12:25 AM

Nice work so far.

As to the grip, you do mean the "pistol-grip"/where the trigger is? It really won't be taking all that much force on a flywheeler. I have a spring-powered Pump Action Shotgun (PAS) with a grip that was attached only by adhesive and/or solvent weld, and it has held up very well in spite of the stresses involved in priming back the plunger.

Just be sure to use a proper adhesive (methylmethacrylate-based I hear is among the best for these plastics) and I think you'll be fine.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#4 Psylocke

Psylocke

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:39 AM

I think it looks very good, well done.

Psylocke

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rapidstrikeshellwork, tacmod, flared magwell, Rapidstrike, shellwork, nerf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users