Photo

Where's the Houston nerfers at?

7 replies to this topic

#1 lpat982

lpat982

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:42 PM

Want to start something consistent in the area. I am in kingwood. Where are ya'll at so we can do it?

#2 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:10 PM

That's a good question. There aren't that many of us. We used to have monthly wars back around 2013-14, but people stopped showing up, so we had to ditch that. ilikefish58 hosted one back in July which had a decent turnout. Mostly superstock stuff although ilikefish and I were able to loan out a few DIY class blasters. I don't know who from that war is still active here, and the "old guard" of myself, ilikefish58, Mcknight, and JPRoth is scattered. ilikefish moved 4 hours north, JPRoth I don't think nerfs much anymore, and I haven't heard from Mcknight in a couple years.

I'm definately interested in coming out if we can get people there. Our favorite war location was always the wooded area at Schott Park on Will Clayton parkway in Humble. Nice amount of trees for cover and shade, although dart loss is a problem since the dead tree bark on the ground is almost the exact color as grey foam.

#3 lpat982

lpat982

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:27 PM

Thanks for replying snakerbot. Kind of sad that there is only one reply in such a large metro. I have started a facebook page for the Southeast Texas Nerf Club. @setnc I plan on setting up some sort of promotion on about a dozen different local and national social media sites and apps. Tentative date for the first war is February 4th preferably at Schott Park. I am going to give this a go so any promotional help would be appreciated. Keep an eye out for more concrete details.

#4 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:53 PM

I don't have a facebook, so anything you want me to see needs to be posted here. Something I forgot to mention before is that there is or was a facebook group already for Houston, called the Houston Area Nerf Group. ilikefish was able to attract some amount of interest for our last war on reddit as well.

#5 lpat982

lpat982

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

Southeast Texas Nerf Club War #1 Heartbreak Ridge
February 4th 10am to 4pm
Schott Park 8510 Will Clayton Pkwy, Humble, TX 77338
SAMBO/super stock
Come and go as you please
All ages welcome. Family friendly.
No realistic blasters, please.
Check out my crappy facebook page.
Also on mertup and reddit

#6 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:54 PM

I'll be there.

#7 Hunty Bunches Of Oats

Hunty Bunches Of Oats

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:53 PM

Sorry I'm so late, I will be there as well.

#8 Alton Barna

Alton Barna

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:54 PM

In Houston said on other thread I will be at war but tell me when y'all plan a war I was thinking the same thing about almost no herders here in Houston

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users