Photo

Before Coming to Korea

5 replies to this topic

#1 Bryansuh

Bryansuh

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:28 PM

by reading this post, you have been warned not to expect much in the way of nerf from korea.

1. 2X the cost on most products.

the cheapest strong arm costs 17000 won which is about 20 dollars. its in a market called dongdaemun which is half way across the city. also never buy at a place called e mart. they sell elite dart packs for 18000 won, jolts for 7000 won, triads for 9000 won and the modulus for 90000 won. thats 20, 9, 10 and 100 dollars respectively. all i found on markets so far are the ones mentioned before plus the mega magnus, cyclone shock,mega darts, firefly, fireshock, retaliator, rampage  and the recon. not that big of a selection....  all old stuff....i want a big shock....

2. no power tools.

no power tools in a standard household. i dont have any, my friends dont have any, no one i know has ANY power tools. i have a bunch of multitools, superglue and sandpaper. thats it. all i have to work with....

3. no hardware stores.

the nearest hardware store is about 30 minutes by subway. they sell SHI*. any place which claims to be a 'hardware store' just sells locks and keys. they arent even good ones either. i can bust one open in about 3 minutes. THEY DONT SELL SPRINGS, SCREWS OR NUTS. none of the things a standard US store would carry.

I am having a really hard time nerfing in this country... somebody plz help.

#2 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:27 AM

Which city do you live in? 
I know ROK is a lot more advancing tech, and mods are expensive. It really sucks ;/ 

if you got a hacksaw, that may be helpful. Otherwise you need to make friends with a contracter. A dremel might be a good investment IMO, because it kinda can serve as a drill. Tools are expensive ;/ but they're not something you want to cheap out on.
TBH aesthetic mods, paint and airguns seem like your best bet. An airgun is pretty dope if you learn and understand, they won't have the same fire rate but power is certainly impressive!

#3 jboynerf345

jboynerf345

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:39 PM

I second the Dremel (or basically any quality rotary tool) suggestion. You are able to cut slots, cut/sand out shells, drill, and basically cut almost anything you need to cut, including brass. A rotary tool can greatly increase productivity, and although it's not the most efficient way to cut stuff, it will definitely suffice. 

Snaps. Snaps. Snaps.

#4 Bryansuh

Bryansuh

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:04 AM

i know. iv been trying to cut a spring to the right length with a multitool. i highly recommend it. its great exercise of the fingers and patience. so far i dented the surface a bit, no change in performance

i live in seoul btw, the capital city. and HOW DO HARDWARE STORES NOT HAVE POWER TOOLS!!??!? 

i probably should buy stuff online but i really hate doing that. also im technically underaged so mom or dad has to buy stuff for me. and i dont have an allowance and getting a part time job is super extremely erotic in korea... and i fought with my mom recently. so..... not happening any time soon

XD 

#5 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:23 AM

i know. iv been trying to cut a spring to the right length with a multitool. i highly recommend it. its great exercise of the fingers and patience. so far i dented the surface a bit, no change in performance

i live in seoul btw, the capital city. and HOW DO HARDWARE STORES NOT HAVE POWER TOOLS!!??!? 

i probably should buy stuff online but i really hate doing that. also im technically underaged so mom or dad has to buy stuff for me. and i dont have an allowance and getting a part time job is super extremely erotic in korea... and i fought with my mom recently. so..... not happening any time soon

XD 

Your situation is unfortunate, but not as unfortunate as the manner in which you discovered the filter for the word " E p I c "

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#6 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:12 PM

If you can, try and save up for an Amazon gift card. You can use that to order off amazon. I know because I do it and I'm underage, but not sure how well it works in Korea. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users