Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:48 PM

POPULAR

THE "CALIFORNIAPANTS'S BACK MEMORIAL WAR" MEMORIAL WAR 2016

Date: Saturday, 17 December 2016; 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM

(If people can't make the 10th, the 17th is also viable.)

725 S Vencino Dr
Glendora, CA 91740

Remember, using these locations is a privilege, not a right. Use the golden rule: Don't Be A Dick.

Dart?
Slugs and safer darts only. No metal is preferred but I understand that to maximize attendance while keeping it safe I need to keep this restriction more open. If you do make slugs, use #6 washers and not #8 washers. Use Ryan McNumbers' excellent guide available here if you plan on making slugs. If you use larger ammo, like megas or similar, keep them soft-tipped by the same guidelines as above.

What isn't allowed?
With dart restrictions, there isn't as much of a need for blaster regulations. Don't bring Titans shooting micro darts because that's just ridiculous. I and other war council advisors will spot-ban things if you are lasering dudes from a million miles away.

Blaster rules:

HOMEMADE AIRGUNS: Talk to me first. Blaster that conform to my QEV design thing should be fine, as would similar ones.

TITANS: You may use them if they fire missiles (stock or Draconis or whatever) or balls. They must not be firing darts.

LBB/4B/UMB/SIMILAR: You may use them if they have the stock OPRV.

SUPER SOAKERS/SIMILAR: Do not bring them. If they shoot darts, they're too powerful. If they shoot water, then people get mad.

SCEPTORS: If you want to use a Sceptor, make it colorful. Make it look as little like a paintball gun as possible. Wrap the tank in denim or something. If you replace the tank or pump, the OPRV must be kept at the same pressure and the tank volume may not be made any larger (stock, is about 800cc).

SUPERMAXX 2000/5000/9000: Do whatever. I hope you don't blow up your tank.

MELEE WEAPONS: Don't bring anything larger than these.

SHIELDS: Hits on shields count as hits on you if you plan to use them. Manta Rays welcome.

What gametypes?
The usual, including Reverse Carpe (a small war special).

If you have specific questions or concerns, PM me, or post them here, or whatever.

Edited by Ice Nine, 21 November 2016 - 12:34 AM.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#2 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:07 PM

the sad part of the name of this war is that we could probably keep naming them after different parts of myself I've hurt over the year prior and not run out for awhile. 

trans as shit because fuck you

#3 mysterio

mysterio

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:23 PM

17th would work better for me, although I'm not sure of everyone else.

If two powerful is a problem then just go with one powerful. I guess this style of hopper will work even beyond three powerful..

15:46 *** Buff is now known as TheGdiddler
15:51 TheGdiddler I'M GONNA GRAPE YOU"

#4 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:33 AM

17th would work better for me, although I'm not sure of everyone else.

Oh damn, actually, me too. Something came up on the tenth. I will change this since no one else seems to feel strongly.

Rnbw Cln

#5 Minislayer5000

Minislayer5000

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:37 PM

I can come on the 10th or 17th.

#6 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:26 AM

I plan on being there.

#7 Minislayer5000

Minislayer5000

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:43 PM

Kiritonerf will be coming with me.

#8 JuanPlazmc

JuanPlazmc

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:28 AM

Gonna miss tuba Christmas but Ill try to be there.

#9 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:04 PM

Thanks to everyone who came out on Saturday. We were lucky the rain didn't leave everything totally muddy and that the wind was pretty calm. I had a pretty fun time.

• Really great blaster variety. We had flywheels, we had people running around with just pistols, we had BoomCo, we had Rival stuff (loved the Artemis), we had Zing arrows, and we had me, with my super-janky "inverted wye" panic BRISC thing.
  • We got in a pretty good number of rounds during the day, and nothing really ever felt stale.
  • The attack-defend round on the play structure was pretty fun, even when Cory broke it (his up-the-middle charges were hilarious).
  • Everyone was a good sport. No drama, just lots of fun.
  • Even though we ended early, I think we got a pretty full day in. We finished up around 2:00 without any real break and that's pretty solid for a 7-8 person war.

Thanks again. I'm planning on hosting another one by mid-February so keep an eye out for that.

Rnbw Cln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users