Photo

Stupid Simple BOOMco Burstwave Guide

2 replies to this topic

#1 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:30 AM

This quick half an hour job will increase your Burstwaves performance two fold, averaging an impressive four shots at 70fps each.

You'll need adhesive, here I'm using two-part epoxy and super glue, and a size 1 or 0 screwdriver.
HI2b9uk.jpg?1

Before disassembly pump your blaster two times, it's imperative to keep the tank at pressure; ensures integrity during modification. A total of 19 screws, all the same size. Keep an eye on the top rotation peg, it's spring can force the piece loose.

Or40rBp.jpg

Remove your tank, below the blue plate is the OPRV.
T0F2Hur.jpg

Unscrew the plate and tip out the contents. Not shown is the spring, whoops, but here is the peg with o-ring seal and the top hollow cap. The only thing were saving here is the hollow cap, blue plate, and screws.

dPmHqQc.jpg

Mix up your adhesive, I'm using a "pastry bag" method for easy and clean-up free application.
MmelRA9.jpg

Pop the hollow cap into the OPRV slot, hollow side down. Fill the slot with adhesive.
02JnXAz.jpg

Let it set for a minute or two and place the blue plate back, tightly screwing it down. Place your tank in an upright position and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.

iHYV30L.jpg

Now onto the two red nuts holding the vinyl tubing; they're secured with adhesive, but the lower nut is very loosely secured and is the first point of failure in an over pressurized system. It's easy to twist this nut off with your fingers, apply a liberal amount of your chosen adhesive and tightly twist the nut back into place. Now use the reference picture to make sure everything is back in place, close up the shell halves and screw it together.
gryGthp.jpg

Averaging 33fps faster than stock, I collected the data with seven full strokes of the pump. 8 or 9 pumps seems to be max; I discovered the red nut fault at 10 pumps, and any more might be nearing the pressure rating of the stock vinyl tubing.

I still don't have any more carbon fiber film, but I did get a very nice chopper working on my coupler'd Burstwave. 

2ulHDua.jpg

#2 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:13 PM

Good stuff. I was disappointed I couldn't find any Burstwaves when they went on clearance.

Adding to the directory.

Edit: To clarify, I meant that no TRU that I'm willing to drive to has them in stock.

Edited by jwasko, 02 November 2016 - 07:17 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#3 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:28 PM

As far as I know they are still $4 at ToysRUs's across the nation.

I'll update this guide within the week, just a few extra pics about how I couplerd it for use with hoppers and .50cal foam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users