Photo

Stuck screw

7 replies to this topic

#1 Bryansuh

Bryansuh

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:16 AM

I have a triad but I can't get the screw out. 2 of them are stuck. I have done nothing to the gun ( can't really the darn thing won't open). Is it meant to do that? Am I just weak? Is it flawed?
HAALP IVE BEEN TRYING FOR 3 DAYS.

#2 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:20 AM

It doesn't clamshell, it's a 1 piee assembly glued in ;c

sorryman

#3 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:25 PM

Have you drilled a hole dead center in the back to reveal the screw that holds it all together? Also try heating up the area with a hair dryer or heat gun (set on very low heat) to destroy any threadlocker present.

Edited by The2ndBluesBro, 23 October 2016 - 03:29 PM.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#4 charlie156

charlie156

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:55 PM

get a screw remover kit. if not, get blue tack or something like that, put some on your screw driver, and apply a lot of pressure and unscrew simultaneously. or glue your driver to the screw. whatever works for you 

#5 Explosivemohawk

Explosivemohawk

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:27 PM

what i usyaly do is I get a drill and drill the crap out of the shell untuil it gets out but that my not wotk in your situarion

#6 Bryansuh

Bryansuh

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:34 AM

Lol

what i usyaly do is I get a drill and drill the crap out of the shell untuil it gets out but that my not wotk in your situarion

I don't have a drill. Even if I did I probably won't do it.

Have you drilled a hole dead center in the back to reveal the screw that holds it all together? Also try heating up the area with a hair dryer or heat gun (set on very low heat) to destroy any threadlocker present.

what? 2 screws on the bottom won't come out. I just want to upgrade the spring and seals not disassemble it completely.

Thanks but what I'm hearing is... I'm screwed.
Goddamn it the triad costs 12 dollars in Korea...

#7 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:23 AM

Lol I don't have a drill. Even if I did I probably won't do it.

what? 2 screws on the bottom won't come out. I just want to upgrade the spring and seals not disassemble it completely.

Thanks but what I'm hearing is... I'm screwed.
Goddamn it the triad costs 12 dollars in Korea...

Even if you got all 3 screws out the plate is glued on (which heat can help with as well as loosening the screws should any threadless be present.)

#8 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:37 PM

I got the spring plate off no problem, but if you're using a wrong-sized screwdriver I can see how it'd be tough. You need a #1 phillips, most drivers are #2.

I see 6 screws in my partly-dissassembled triad right now:

1 down the center of the barrels

1 dead-center in the back of the barrels (that you can only get to if you drill a hole center-ish in the back cover plate)

4 holding the spring onto the bottom of the handle

There's probably also one holding the PH on, but that's internal.

The two on the barrels won't do anything useful for you if you only want to modify the plunger & spring, they open the shell up and let you pull the Smart-AR assembly (don't mess with it) and the totally custom AR-PT seal you won't find replacements for. The 4 on the bottom you're interested in, they're torqued pretty well IIRC so you absolutely need the right driver. If you stripped it, try a rubber band on the head between the driver and the screw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users