Photo

Battery tray issue

5 replies to this topic

#1 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:32 AM

In my rayven a while back I shorted the springs in the battery try and they lost there extension properties... anyone know how to restore them so my batteries aren't loone anymore?

#2 Telerran

Telerran

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:27 PM

If you can't find a way to fix it my strayven runs off a lipo so I could gut the metal pieces in the Rayven battery tray if you pay for shipping.

#3 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:43 PM

If you can't find a way to fix it my strayven runs off a lipo so I could gut the metal pieces in the Rayven battery tray if you pay for shipping.

Few guys in my nerf group informed me they were swapping to lipo and I had been considering it, so that's likely what's gonna happen now. It should be as easy as a desolder of the wire connected to the terminals, bending them flat (parallel with the rest of the contact) and slipping them out, then shaving the tray accordingly to fit.

#4 Rivenwolf

Rivenwolf

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 12:56 AM

It sounds like the springs have shrunk from over-voltage by using IMR or Trustfire batteries. Bummer. But then again, you can turn this fiasco into something amazing!

LiPo batteries are great for total re-hauls. Make sure to balance out your blaster; give it new motors, put in wiring that supports the high electrical current that the motors pull and battery supplies.  It is also highly advisable to replace the switch if you haven't ready done that. 
   When going LiPo, make sure you take proper safety precautions by researching how to charge, discharge, and store the battery. Re-hauling a blaster for high discharge power sources (like a LiPo battery) takes a lot of effort and knowledge, handiwork and tools, patience, and great responsibility. Watch a ton of YouTube videos to see the different types of LiPo modifications people are doing and how they do them. Do they have any follow up videos on how they could improve their creations? Watch those. You may call me a foll, but look at the comments section below the video. Most of it is flack, but there may be some gold in there if you sift around a bit. You may also want to take a community college electronics class to familiarize yourself with some of the terminology and maybe help out some of your fellow modders (Hi, that's me!). It's always a good idea to research the mod you want to do, that way you can either avoid or prepare for travesties, tragedies, and tough decisions.

Good luck! We're here for you if you have any more questions (just make sure to ask them in the right place).

#5 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:26 AM

It sounds like the springs have shrunk from over-voltage by using IMR or Trustfire batteries. Bummer. But then again, you can turn this fiasco into something amazing!
   LiPo batteries are great for total re-hauls. Make sure to balance out your blaster; give it new motors, put in wiring that supports the high electrical current that the motors pull and battery supplies.  It is also highly advisable to replace the switch if you haven't ready done that. 
   When going LiPo, make sure you take proper safety precautions by researching how to charge, discharge, and store the battery. Re-hauling a blaster for high discharge power sources (like a LiPo battery) takes a lot of effort and knowledge, handiwork and tools, patience, and great responsibility. Watch a ton of YouTube videos to see the different types of LiPo modifications people are doing and how they do them. Do they have any follow up videos on how they could improve their creations? Watch those. You may call me a foll, but look at the comments section below the video. Most of it is flack, but there may be some gold in there if you sift around a bit. You may also want to take a community college electronics class to familiarize yourself with some of the terminology and maybe help out some of your fellow modders (Hi, that's me!). It's always a good idea to research the mod you want to do, that way you can either avoid or prepare for travesties, tragedies, and tough decisions.

Good luck! We're here for you if you have any more questions (just make sure to ask them in the right place).

It's already been rewired in 18ga, has a new 16a 250v microswitch with rhino 130 motors in the cage. As for the rest, I have 12 years of electronics diagnostics and repair under my belt (and still made the mistake that caused this) so if you ever have any questions feel free to pm me.

I've actually watched alot of mod videos from several different sources so I have a good grasp on the battery install and have begun my research on the best lipo. I know I want 1000mAH and at a minimum 25c I just need to find on that fits the rayven battery tray is all.

#6 Rivenwolf

Rivenwolf

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:20 PM

You're all set then! :D

It's already been rewired in 18ga, has a new 16a 250v microswitch with rhino 130 motors in the cage. As for the rest, I have 12 years of electronics diagnostics and repair under my belt (and still made the mistake that caused this) so if you ever have any questions feel free to pm me.

I've actually watched alot of mod videos from several different sources so I have a good grasp on the battery install and have begun my research on the best lipo. I know I want 1000mAH and at a minimum 25c I just need to find on that fits the rayven battery tray is all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users