Photo

X-Shot Micro Sold At Dollar Tree

1 reply to this topic

#1 ComradeSch

ComradeSch

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:00 PM

Hey, everyone, I wanted to just let you know that I was at Dollar Tree earlier today when I noticed that they were selling the X-Shot Micro there (thereby making it literally the best dart-slinger in the entire store, bar none), with a change in stickers and they include a few plastic target cans, and despite being an X-Shot product, they do not have any branding from the manufacturer.

And because pics or it didn't happen: 

IMG_20161011_155525.jpg

Everything it came with, except the darts cringes at calling those projectiles that come with it "darts"

IMG_20161011_154741.jpg

The pistol compared to my hand.

IMG_20161011_184706.jpg

The dollar store dart throws up on saying that compared to an Elite. The head is black and a plastic, straw-like tube extends through the length, like the crap sticky darts that came with the original (pre-Elite) Clone Trooper Blaster.

And a PSA: I tried the darts it came with and it was lucky to make it ten paces. But, I shoved an Elite Dart into it and it immediately got Jolt preformance. It was visibly slower than my modded Firestrike, but let's be honest, no Jolt-style pistol can beat a Firestrike with an insane spring combo.

Edited by ComradeSch, 11 October 2016 - 08:50 PM.

Moar dakka iz best dakka ya gitz.

#2 Serene Haze

Serene Haze

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:18 PM

Take me with a grain of salt but you definitely picked up an early-type micro. Most current-gen X-Shot blasters come with Excel darts now. (They're weird foam-and-plastic slug-looking darts that are shorter than elites.)

To my general understanding the current, late-type X-Shot blasters have better performance, but I've only got the late-type ones to compare with.

The Micro is a solid little blaster, but the new Dart Zone stuff kinda makes X-Shot irrelevant. (Better performance, comparable price, better availability, cross-compatable with elite darts, ect.)

EDIT: Didn't read good enough. A lot of X-Shot stuff gets repackaged as well for store brands and such. However, even the new re-branded stuff doesn't use the old X-Darts. This is odd.

Edited by Serene Haze, 15 October 2016 - 10:20 PM.

Proud owner of exactly 1 ST9K Pistol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users