Photo

Tubing

which type

35 replies to this topic

Poll: What is the best barrel replacement tubing? (55 member(s) have cast votes)

What is the best barrel replacement tubing?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 07:42 PM

Just wanted to know.
Die with honor...Fight with pride...
Aim toward your goals...Quicken your stride...
With great power comes great responsibility.

#2 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 07:47 PM

First, I'd like to ask you how many times that you think this topic is necessary. Then I'd like to ask you whether or not you have read the other 10+ topics already dicussing barrel material.

It is whatever fits your bloody FBR size.

In terms of availibilty and least cost, PVC/copper. I don't know whats wrong with you, because I swear that there was a question 2 days ago that hovered around this exact topic.

I wish I could help you further... but sometimes, people must use the mass of brain cells that they have lurking in their heads, and help themselves.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#3 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:06 PM

Edited by okto, 12 August 2004 - 08:17 PM.

#4 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:10 PM

hahaha, BW, don't flame IR. he knows more than you on the subject (and probably most others), i'm sure, and he stipulated that he was just curious.

IR would be Iron Rhino. I don't see a post of his in this topic as of yet.

I do hope you start catching your errors, they get repetitive and annoying.

Ironman doesn't know anything on the subject. If he did, he wouldn't have asked such a generic and over asked question.

Thank you.

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--

#5 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:14 PM

hahaha, BW, don't flame IR.  he knows more than you on the subject (and probably most others), i'm sure, and he stipulated that he was just curious.

IR would be Iron Rhino. I don't see a post of his in this topic as of yet.

I do hope you start catching your errors, they get repetitive and annoying.

Ironman doesn't know anything on the subject. If he did, he wouldn't have asked such a generic and over asked question.

Thank you.

Sorry man.

#6 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:16 PM

true story.
but i'm really unconcerned with your opinion of me, cos you aren't just the brightest bulb either, nor have i seen you say anything useful in the three-odd months i've been here.
you have, however, been a tremendous asshole. congrats on that.

#7 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:19 PM

true story.
but i'm really unconcerned with your opinion of me, cos you aren't just the brightest bulb either, nor have i seen you say anything useful in the three-odd months i've been here.
you have, however, been a tremendous asshole. congrats on that.

You talking about BW?

#8 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:23 PM

course i am. i've never talked to you.

#9 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:27 PM

He can be an ass at times...

Edited by Ironman, 12 August 2004 - 08:29 PM.

#10 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:37 PM

course i am. i've never talked to you.

You, sir, are retarded. First you flame BW for no reason, then delete your first post, then continue flaming him.

For one, Ironman DID ask an overasked question that he should've known for a long time. If he had paid any attention to the numerous other posts that addressed the question, he wouldn't be asking.

Another thing, don't bring flamewars over from other forums. Unless you're stupid and like to be hated, just do everyone a favour and shut your piehole.

And just for the record, the right tubing IS whatever fits your FBR.

That is all. Goodbye.
Spectre of the CFM

#11 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:46 PM

Sorry.

#12 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 01:34 PM

I never worked with copper before so i like CPVC for barrels. Copper i know has a better fit tho for darts. This might be a noobie but im wondering how do u attach copper pipes and copper fittings together? I mean cpvc there is cpvc cement. Im thinking maybe using copper for a homemade.

#13 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 01:37 PM

either your thinking of brass or......... well don't!
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#14 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 04:06 PM

I never worked with copper before so i like CPVC for barrels. Copper i know has a better fit tho for darts. This might be a noobie but im wondering how do u attach copper pipes and copper fittings together? I mean cpvc there is cpvc cement. Im thinking maybe using copper for a homemade.

Our little friend solder likes to do the job.

You see, when a soldering torch is in heat, and it meets solder, they like to join together...

Well, metal pipes.

--

#15 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 04:12 PM

I have 1/2 inch FBR so what is the best size copper for it? What is the best size of copper that fits inside of 1/2 inch PVC like in Cxwq's mod of the supermaxx1500?

#16 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 07:11 PM

Copper doesn't fit inside PVC, and there is no good size of copper for FBR that's exactly .5". If your FBR strays somewhat from the norm, copper might work well for you.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#17 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 07:17 PM

Sorry I wasn't thinking... I meant brass.

#18 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 07:37 PM

What is the best size of [brass] that fits inside of 1/2 inch PVC like in Cxwq's mod of the supermaxx1500?

19/32 brass is the best fit in PVC.

What is the best barrel replacement tubing?

What I will actually suggest to you may be different than the opinions of some people's responses in this thread. Instead of choosing a barrel to fit your darts, try to mod all of your guns with one barrel type, and buy FBR according to that size.

I am first assuming you buy standard 20' rolls of the stuff at some hardware store, and that you can judge size fairly enough. Find a pre-made stefan that fits best in the barrel type you chose, and bring it to the hardware store. Compare it as best as you can to the various 1/2" rolls in stock. Choose the roll(s) that best match the thickness of the dart you brought.

Most times if you have to err, err on the larger size. You can always stretch/drill darts to make them fit slightly tighter barrels.

The reason I use this method, is because I have modified most of my good guns with brass, and I don't want to have to change the barrels if I buy FBR that is too thin or fat for them.

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#19 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 07:48 PM

How does the brass that is bigger the the PVC fit inside?

#20 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 08:00 PM

1/2" PVC does not really have a 1/2" diameter. It's really much larger, which is why 1/2" FBR is way too small for it.

~Vintage
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone
~Al Capone

#21 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 08:17 PM

Copper doesn't fit inside PVC, and there is no good size of copper for FBR that's exactly .5". If your FBR strays somewhat from the norm, copper might work well for you.

I just found this new copper, the OD fits inside of 1/2" PVC, the ID is in between 17/32" brass and 9/16" brass. The outer wall is pretty thick. I am digging it much, I think I will stop using cpvc!

Crank

Edited by crankymonky, 15 August 2004 - 08:18 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#22 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 08:17 PM

Occasionally people have better results with copper than brass.My FBR is a little bit smaller than the inside diameter of copper, while it has a good fit in brass.My friend bought some different FBR and it was tight in brass and had a good fit in copper.

Also, it IS possible to get copper in pvc, you have to hammer it inside though.I read topics for Supermaxx 1500 modifications and saw someone who hammered copper into pvc.
Morons With Guns own you.

#23 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:07 PM

Occasionally people have better results with copper than brass.My FBR is a little bit smaller than the inside diameter of copper, while it has a good fit in brass.My friend bought some different FBR and it was tight in brass and had a good fit in copper.

Also, it IS possible to get copper in pvc, you have to hammer it inside though.I read topics for Supermaxx 1500 modifications and saw someone who hammered copper into pvc.

Hammering feverishly.

When I hammered 6" copper barrels into 1/2" PVC stubs, it took me a good 10 minute to get them in.

It's a good idea to sharpen the edges of the copper before-hand, because I noticed that the coppe shaved away the PVC making an excellent fit. However, getting it out is nearly impossible.

--

#24 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:19 PM

So really the measurement are not really what they say they are?

#25 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 02:00 PM

So really the measurement are not really what they say they are?

Bingo.

1/2" SCH40 PVC is around 5/8" ID.
1/2" SCH80 PVC is around 9/16" ID.
9/16" K&S brass is 17/32" ID.
17/32" K&S brass is 1/2" ID.

ad nauseum.

Nothing is the size it says it is, except for brass - and that's talking about OD so you need to subtract for wall thickness.

-----

Materials Introduced by C: 18
Materials Not Introduced by C: 7

I win, fuckers.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users