Modifications

5 replies to this topic

#1 ENP10

ENP10

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 04:19 PM

Hello NerfHaven!

I'm A new modder but, I know lots about it, And I also repaint some of my blasters! Anyway the reason I started this topic is because I would like to know what clearcoats you guys are using, I Have only used Rustoleum Matte Clearcoat and i don't like it. after using it, It gives whatever you put it on a dirty feel. And if you get any overspray it makes weird white dots on whatever it landed on.

I Am thinking about using the DupliColor Matte Wheel Clearcoat but would like to know what you guys are using. Thanks! Ethan~

I Found some epoxy putty hidden in the basement and freaked out.

#2 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 04:44 PM

I hear that's the best widely available and cheap stuff. I wouldn't recommend krylon.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#3 ENP10

ENP10

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:12 PM

I hear that's the best widely available and cheap stuff. I wouldn't recommend krylon.

Yeah I wasn't going to probably ever use krylon but thanks anyway!

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:20 PM

In general you really want to avoid mixing brands of paint. You're more likely to get predictable results if you use the same brand of clear coat as your primary coat. But with that said I don't personally have that much experience with clear coats. I just haven't had to paint many things that require that kind of protection from wear or weathering.

Primer on the other hand due to its intended use should be less picky about what you apply on top of it. If you need to paint something small or that has a rough texture that you want to preserve, modelling primers are preferable because their spray is atomized in to much smaller individual paint particles. That allows for significantly lighter coats.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 Kilomona

Kilomona

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:53 AM

I use Rustoleum 2x extra clear gloss. I think it is really close to the stock nerf gloss, and I like that it doesn't need a lot for each blaster.

#6 ENP10

ENP10

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:16 AM

I use Rustoleum 2x extra clear gloss. I think it is really close to the stock nerf gloss, and I like that it doesn't need a lot for each blaster.

Ok thanks! I will have to try that sometime.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modifications

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users