Photo

Found 180 Motors in dead RC helicopter

5 replies to this topic

#1 Montymarks

Montymarks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:54 AM

So today, I found a 3 year old Interceptor 052 helicopter in my basement. I opened it up to find (Drumroll please) a lipo powering 2 180 size motors in it. I'm tempted to gut it, but I think it's lipo needs a recharge. Now I am not a flywheel freak (yeah thats right), so I need help and advice on if I should gut it and take the chance that it was the lipo that just needed recharging, or should I recharge the lipo and risk lighting my house on fire (if I get the charger wrong). Please help

-Montymarks

sorry for how I was a year ago

#2 Shadowslayer1924

Shadowslayer1924

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:06 AM

So today, I found a 3 year old Interceptor 052 helicopter in my basement. I opened it up to find (Drumroll please) a lipo powering 2 180 size motors in it. I'm tempted to gut it, but I think it's lipo needs a recharge. Now I am not a flywheel freak (yeah thats right), so I need help and advice on if I should gut it and take the chance that it was the lipo that just needed recharging, or should I recharge the lipo and risk lighting my house on fire (if I get the charger wrong). Please help

-Montymarks

what brand lipo is it, and if you get a lipo bag(there 5 bucks on amazon) then you can charge safely. The lipo bag is fire resistant.

#3 Montymarks

Montymarks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:19 AM

My question was if I should gut it, not what to do. Also, I can't tell what lipo it is, without gutting it, which defeats the purpose of the post.

And... Iphone is better than android

-Montymarks

#4 Wisecrack

Wisecrack

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:09 PM

My question was if I should gut it, not what to do. Also, I can't tell what lipo it is, without gutting it, which defeats the purpose of the post.

And... Iphone is better than android

-Montymarks

Are you just trying to create drama with useless statements?

Anyways, gut it and charge the LiPo in a bag. If your house burns down at least these forums will be a bit better(/s)

#5 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:18 PM

Don't gut it unless you are going to do shell modifications to accept the 180 motors then it's not worth it.

#6 Montymarks

Montymarks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:01 PM

I already gutted it

-Montymarks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users