Photo

What is the history of modding

5 replies to this topic

#1 Montymarks

Montymarks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:27 PM

I am making this topic to honor the brave first who pioneered modding when I was but a wee infant, so very long ago... Thank you to all the Admins who have been nerfing since the 2000s. So, this topic is about if you can give me dates and a backstory of when a new "First" was achieved. So if you could tell me when the first coupler mod was done, or when someone first made canted flywheels, this post is about when and where they happened. Thanks

-Montymarks

Edit: JESUS CHRIST, CRINGE ALERT 

I forgot how actually moronic my old posts were. Thank you to all those who told me that.

Edited by Montymarks, 05 April 2017 - 01:05 PM.

sorry for how I was a year ago

#2 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:06 PM

start at the last page of and one of the forums and work backwards, congratulations you're an expert. seriously though just click around, a whole lot of it exists on here.

trans as shit because fuck you

#3 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:38 PM

Browse this old NH page you can't find if you don't know about it. That right there is basically the early history of modding. Then realize that many of those people/us have been playing with and fixing nerf blasters since before that. I remember getting a Cyberstrike Strongarm NIB when it came out, and I've still got most of one of these floating around somewhere. Neither were modded, since at the time, the internet was barely a real thing and I lost all my darts long before the blasters had any problems.

Just from your two requests, A coupler mod is ancient history (probably pre-2000s, performed by a number of people prior to the rise of the NIC) but the canted flywheels were recent (This year or last). It'd be a lot of work to go though and dig up the actual information you seek, but as Pants says, it's all likely right here on NH, the archives go back 13+ years.

#4 Montymarks

Montymarks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:33 PM

Also this is made to see if Groove will notice me. 

Please do...

-Montymarks

sorry for how I was a year ago

#5 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:14 PM

Also this is made to see if Groove will notice me. 

Good luck with that, I've been waiting eight years for it to happen.

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#6 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:32 PM

POPULAR

Thank you to all the Admins who have been nerfing since the 2000s.

No

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users