Spinsanity Mod

BoomCo Spinsanity

5 replies to this topic

#1 bdelong498

bdelong498

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:27 PM

The Spinsanity has been on clearance for around $13 for a while now, so I decided to pick one up and see what could be done with it. I opened it up, wired it for 4 IMR cells, and revved it up. Sure enough, the rubber portion of the flywheels began to expand outward from the flywheels and very quickly separated from the plastic portions with a pop. No damage, but I did have to be put back together.

I then tried gluing the three sections of the flywheels together. I revved the blaster again, but this time the rubber stayed put. I quickly put it back together and took it out for testing. Chronograph readings came in at 132 fps average. Even better was the range test - 30 degree angle, no wind and it averaged 172 feet with a top shot at 183 feet!

Here is a overview of the mod:

#2 Drayckar

Drayckar

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:53 PM

Very intuitive. I love seeing boomco mods and they get some insane distance.
FIND THE POWER LIVE THE LEGEND

#3 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:06 AM

I love my spinsanity, only thing missing is a stock to make it fantastic.

Before you re-glued on the rubber did you happen to try and put a nerf dart threw the flywheels?

Edited by DjOnslaught, 31 July 2016 - 10:06 AM.

#4 Iamthepanda

Iamthepanda

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:52 AM

Great write up. Was the spinsanity on sale at a local retailer, or on a website?

#5 bdelong498

bdelong498

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:29 AM

I love my spinsanity, only thing missing is a stock to make it fantastic.

Before you re-glued on the rubber did you happen to try and put a nerf dart threw the flywheels?

I didn't, but I think it would be possible.  You'd have to build a loading mech from scratch though...

Great write up. Was the spinsanity on sale at a local retailer, or on a website?

I picked mine up off of Amazon for $12.99 as part of a larger order (Hmm..., one more item and I get free shipping.  How about the Spinsanity)  I've also seen them on Target's website for the same price.

#6 Iamthepanda

Iamthepanda

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:12 AM

Ok, Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users