Photo

Asking about the white lithium grease...

White lithium grease Plunger tube

4 replies to this topic

#1 RetaliationXL

RetaliationXL

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:11 AM

My question is when I lube my blaster...I found that the plunger padding(by worker )which is milky translucent in colour but turned abit orange in colour,which I suspect the stains is from the plunger's tube plastic....and I found that the remaining WL.greases(OMW) on the rod do have abit of orange staining...this make me worry is it corrode my plunger? Or mild discoloration is just fine? Thanks

Edited by RetaliationXL, 30 July 2016 - 09:11 AM.

#2 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

The grease is probably reacting with whatever they made the padding from (probably silicone). To be safe I'd wipe it off and replace it with silicone grease to see if that fixes it.

Edited by The2ndBluesBro, 30 July 2016 - 01:36 PM.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#3 RetaliationXL

RetaliationXL

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:38 AM

The grease is probably reacting with whatever they made the padding from (probably silicone). To be safe I'd wipe it off and replace it with silicone grease to see if that fixes it.

usually WLgrease is fine to use right? The colours mostly is from plunger tube, so I think no problem with the padding? But the tube dont hv any fades or Visible corrosion

Edited by RetaliationXL, 31 July 2016 - 09:39 AM.

#4 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:47 AM

usually WLgrease is fine to use right? The colours mostly is from plunger tube, so I think no problem with the padding? But the tube dont hv any fades or Visible corrosion

Usually it is, yeah. That's why I'm confused about this particular case.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#5 RetaliationXL

RetaliationXL

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:08 AM

Usually it is, yeah. That's why I'm confused about this particular case.

Ya...Im suprised too abt this haha,I try to check on next maintainaNce to see...thanks!!( if possible I post a pic abt it ...( new user..my acc is under limitations

Edited by RetaliationXL, 31 July 2016 - 10:12 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: White lithium grease, Plunger tube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users