Nerf guns you've never heard of

Nerf Guns Modding Nerf gun

6 replies to this topic

#1 Montymarks

Montymarks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:57 PM

The Fauxbow. Just look it up. Easy coupler mod, huge plunger tube, and massive spring. I'm not advertising, but I got one and just cut down the barrel, and my cpvc barrel fit in very well. My one issue is vacuum loading. Thats a problem, and more troubleshooting is required.

-Montymarks

#2 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:31 PM

Like this? I think that a stronger spring might get this to hopper.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160727_182011.jpg

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#3 xXD3V1LXx

xXD3V1LXx

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:47 PM

Vacuum loading can be fixed very easily. If you take a roofing nail and measure the nail to stretch from one side of the back of the wye to the other you nail it in, cut it down flush and than add goop. You will probably want to either lay the wye outside for 24 hours or cover it in duct tape as the smell is horrible and is not good for you. This will keep tje seal and no longer allow for vacuum loading. Make sure it is out of the way of the darts path though or it could affect the hoppering reliability.
A quote from Ice Nine
"Use the golden rule: Don't be a dick."

NERF On
-Devil

#4 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:53 PM

A thin wire ran through the tube (or glued in the back of the cpvc) will solve your vaccuum-loading issue. It's basically a BnA anyways (even made by the same guy). You can build a homemade bow that's actually bow powered for pretty cheap as well but these are pretty cool. The Fome Bow mod here on the Haven is the best overhaul I've seen for these. 

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#5 Montymarks

Montymarks

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:54 AM

I don't have a hot glue gun, but I do have string, so should I just use superglue to hold the string in place? Also where could I get a replacement spring for it? Should I use white lithium grease or silicone grease? Also nice hopper clip and i'm guessing that you used the string idea with it too.

-Montymarks

sorry for how I was a year ago

#6 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

1) I don't have a hot glue gun, but I do have string, so should I just use superglue to hold the string in place?
2) Also where could I get a replacement spring for it?
3) Should I use white lithium grease or silicone grease?
4) Also nice hopper clip and i'm guessing that you used the string idea with it too.

1) String and super glue should work fine.  Even without glue, I'd thread it through small holes and tie the ends together.

2) McMaster-Carr is one of the better sources, though some hardware stores have selections.
3) Always silicone.  Lithium grease is better than most, but if you have the choice, use silicone.

4) Actually, no, hadn't bothered with that yet.

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#7 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:59 PM

1) String and super glue should work fine.  Even without glue, I'd thread it through small holes and tie the ends together.
2) McMaster-Carr is one of the better sources, though some hardware stores have selections.
3) Always silicone.  Lithium grease is better than most, but if you have the choice, use silicone.
4) Actually, no, hadn't bothered with that yet.

Lithium grease is great for lubricating the other internals and trigger, silicone is apparently better for plungers. TBH they're both fine and lithium is usually cheaper.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nerf Guns, Modding, Nerf gun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users