Photo

Sentinel Mod: Brass Breech + K26 [video]

1 reply to this topic

#1 Chadmanx

Chadmanx

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:25 AM

So this is my first mod and my first time making a brass breech. 

I originally posted this on /r/nerf and was told to post up here to. The blaster was fantastic out of the box, but I was really motivated to see what it could do and the internals didn't scare me anywhere near what most other blasters do. I made a ton of mistakes but learned a lot in the process, The end product is a lever action blaster that is crazy easy to prime that pulls mid 120's to high 130's. 

After looking through Van's Sentinel guide (which I just found.... man do I wish I had looked at that before doing this mod!), if I were to do this again, I'd say skip the brass breech. It definitely lowers the rate of fire like crazy and I'm interested in getting another one and popping in the [k26] just to see how things change. 

Here's the video. Let me know how else you think it can be improved.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:37 AM

Brass is such a bitch to work with, just for the simple reason that getting anything adhere to it can be so difficult.

If you plan to make a second one you might want to consider using a thicker walled tube for your dart pusher so that you can cut an o-ring groove into the end of it and get a complete seal with it in your barrel. Polyester tubing in particular comes in fairly tight tolerances in 1/8" diameter increments so it's easy to make assemblies with it using a vice or C-clamp.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users