Petg On Spring Guns?

Does it work?

4 replies to this topic

#1 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, so the title sort of speaks for itself. I was wondering if petg was a good material to use on spring guns (primarily pistols) I've heard that it sometimes isn't, but I wasn't sure. Also I was wondering if brass whas a better barrel material than petg for spring guns. This question is mostly about rebarreling (sp?) my scout.
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#2 Vassili

Vassili

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:39 PM

Unless you have relatively wide darts, then PETG wouldn't have enough friction to get very good ranges. You can try doing this to your barrel, but I would still reccomend telescoped brass.

Edited by Vassili, 10 August 2004 - 12:40 PM.

Foam Fortress Co-Webmaster

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:39 PM

Even though I discovered PETG after writing it, the information in this article still applies.

It's all about the fit with your darts. Nobody else can answer that question for you in a specific way. If you want general advice, spring pistols benefit most from either a short constricted barrel or a slightly longer (4-5") nested barrel. Generally the larger the air volume the more it will benefit from nesting.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 01:16 PM

If you look at the Nite Finder modification here at Nerf Haven, you'll see that Ragornocks used PETG on his Nite Finder, and it seems to be fine.

#5 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 01:25 PM

I PETGed my Triple Shot and it got better ranges then when it was brassed.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users