13 replies to this topic

#1 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:25 PM

POPULAR

14 years ago today, I met up with my friend Fred from highschool and we modified a nerf blaster, committed an act of petty larceny, and signed up for a Geocities account.  The blaster was actually a Super Soaker XP 150 modified to shoot nerf darts, the theft was a garden gnome from the garage-sale addicted hoarder down the street, and the Geocities account was for the LGLF homepage.  5 weeks later we joined up with one of my nephews (Left Nut) and found ourselves at the first annual Apocalypse nerf war, where we met Vacc and Spoon (the original founders of NerfHaven), One Man Clan, and the members of the Lawn Chair Mafia nerf clan.  A couple of weeks after that we hosted our own war, and called it GnomeFEST.  We were the baddest group of toy-gun-toting dorks in New Jersey.

Langly.JPG

Over the next few years I met Talio and we all went on a road trip down to the D.C. area to nerf with Crankymonky and Groove (Edit: yes, and THIRST.).  Shortly after that, Hasbro sent a designer and an engineer out to a GnomeFEST to meet us, and they recruited Talio and One Man Clan into an early version of their Nerf Ambassador program.  The designer from Hasbro is still working there, leading the team on the Rebelle line.  We nerfed around Philadelphia and some paintball field in bumfuck Delaware, and had a few more Apocs and GnomeFESTS.  Around 2005 One Man Clan agreed to pick up some kid from Hoboken who he'd never met on the way to a war.  They sat in uncomfortable silence for about an hour as OMC wondered how this guy was going to load a nerf gun with only one arm.  That guy was JLego, and he turned out to be the fastest most impossible to hit nerfer at that event.  We met lots of other people over the years, and some drifted away or stopped nerfing, including Fred, and then eventually, me. 

When I came back in early 2008 after a two year hiatus, I reconnected with Talio and JLego, and they introduced me to some new guy named Splitlip.  We all agreed to carpool down to a DCNO later that spring, and in an alcohol fueled surge of collective nostalgia, the four of us decided to re-boot the LGLF. A month later Talio joined the Mag7 in the worst act of betrayal on American soil since Benedict Arnold.  But that was okay, because we would add Muttonchops in 2009 and Gears in 2010.  Our old allies Crankymonky and Groove would both join us in 2011, and (though he'll deny it) TED joined in around 2012.

Over the years we traveled all over the east coast, to Maryland and Virginia, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Toronto and Chicago.  We went to Penn State for Humans vs Zombies, and some of us flew out for Armageddon in Los Angeles.  We made a lot of friends on those trips, and even more came out to visit us every year at Apoc.  We met the Sex Dwarves of Pittsburgh, and the U3 and Rainbow Clans from Chicago.  We played with nerfers from Ohio, Minnesota, Oregon, Washington, Georgia and Florida.  We helped host Geddon, DCNOs, ECNOs and NENOs.  We ate Hasbro's Pizza and we drank their beer.  We busted UIN13s balls, hit on Lord Draconical's girlfriend and pooped in Forsaken Angel's toilet.

I got a little carried away there.  What was I saying? Oh yeah. 

I love this clan, and the people who are in it.  It's been an incredible 14 year journey and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I know we're scattered all over the country now, and I'm well past my nerf expiration date, but I'll keep going if you do.  Thanks guys. 

-Langley

GroupShot.jpg
10371602_10103866900172939_971413470646675538_n.jpg
10356689_10104346792654559_548979891915000760_n.jpg
1420585665-316199-5-lglf.jpg
GLHF.jpg

There are some more photos I dug up in this album on facebook: https://www.facebook...59315644&type=3

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#2 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

Man I can't tell if that's Mahala F. Atchison or not.  Because its definitely not Swimming River....    If only I had spent more time riding my bike around the neighborhood a bit more I would have run into you all.  If only I had talked to the Horsemen playing at Swimming River that one time.   If only. 

#3 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:34 PM

The first two photos are from Tindall Park in Middletown NJ

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#4 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:37 PM

Nice.  Thanks for the recap and sharing. 

#5 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:02 PM

POPULAR

I'm at work and I'm feeling emotional and this is my most favorite NerfHaven post in the entire world.

I love you guys so much. 

I love this clan, and the people who are in it.  It's been an incredible 14 year journey and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I know we're scattered all over the country now, and I'm well past my nerf expiration date, but I'll keep going if you do.  Thanks guys. 

I'll try to keep up.

Edited by Gears, 28 June 2016 - 04:02 PM.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#6 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:33 PM

POPULAR

I love this clan, and the people who are in it.  It's been an incredible 14 year journey and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I know we're scattered all over the country now, and I'm well past my Nerf expiration date, but I'll keep going if you do.  Thanks guys. 

You guys are the best. Love everyone in this clan and I miss you all terribly. What a long, strange, alcohol-fueled trip it's been.

Here's to our colorful history and awesome future. Even though I'm a fossil by most Nerfing standards, I'll still be there at the large wars as long as you guys are, too. And...like all good things in life, my feelings towards all of this can be summarized perfectly with a quote from Anchorman.

FtR2i72O3psPe.gif

PS - I'm just going to say it right here and now. The LGLF logo is the best logo I have ever designed, for any group or organization, period. 

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#7 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

POPULAR

PS - I'm just going to say it right here and now. The LGLF logo is the best logo I have ever designed, for any group or organization, period.

Every time I drink with Ted and I get a little too sloshed he tries to talk me into getting it as a full-sized chest tattoo to match the t-shirts.  And every time I get a little too close to actually doing it. 

Here's the LGLF logo over the years, and some work Groove shared with us while he was working on the current iteration. 

Attached Thumbnails

• LGLF02.png
  • LGLF03.png
  • LGLF12.png
  • 289052_10100167189373206_348576_o.jpg

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#8 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:53 PM

POPULAR

Visting Crankymonky and Groove and THIRST*

ko

#9 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:11 PM

POPULAR

I'm at work and I'm feeling emotional and this is my most favorite NerfHaven post in the entire world.

I love you guys so much. 

I'll try to keep up.

You guys are the best. Love everyone in this clan and I miss you all terribly. What a long, strange, alcohol-fueled trip it's been.

Ditto on ALL counts <3

I've been in this hobby for a good long while and I've spent so much time and effort making darts and blasters and going places to see people, but it's all so worth it to know people this excellent. I honestly can't imagine life without all of you in it, here's to 14 more years!

EDIT: Don't forget the creation of the NIC's greatest and most prolific bromance! (debatable, convince me otherwise/get @ me)

2011-03-26 13.01.24.jpg

Edited by Jlego, 28 June 2016 - 11:27 PM.

~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#10 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:11 AM

Goddamn that is awesome.  Well done Langley, and the rest of you.  I really need to get my ass back out to some wars...

The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

21:45 Gears That's boob grabbing time
21:45 Gears it is so easy

#11 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:46 AM

POPULAR

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#12 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:04 AM

Oh fuck I'm dying.  I was most mostly speaking for Chops with that one, but thanks!

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#13 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:49 PM

It was a rare honor.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#14 DOFL02

DOFL02

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:33 PM

Thats really cool how NERF brings everyone together for a good childhood and is even playable as adult XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users