Photo

broken plunger rod

6 replies to this topic

#1 Cheefman45

Cheefman45

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:41 PM

I have been modding my retaliator as you guys know but my plunger tube broke. I am asking the community will super glue fix this and I how will I prevent future breakage. I shortened the plunger rod if you noticed and this increases range on the blaster and the spectra plunger is the only one I have extra. UPDATE: Thank-you to everyone I found a way. I glued the O ring back on and then a foam marshmallow to it and now the plunger has an even better deal than before.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1466559574518.jpg
  • 1466559625249.jpg
  • 1466679137568.jpg
  • 1466679163143.jpg

Edited by Cheefman45, 23 June 2016 - 05:53 AM.

When the things in life that give pause mean nothing, time becomes your friend.

#2 LordGiratia

LordGiratia

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:23 PM

Can you get pictures of the broken plunger tube? Otherwise it's very hard to tell what can be done.

Warning, my posts aren't finished when I post them, wait 15 minutes and the post will be perfect.

#3 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:24 AM

Unfortunately, this is a side effect of removing the air restictor and dryfiring. I don't think the spectre plunger and retaliator plunger are cross compatible. 

I reccomend to pad it, or replace it with a homemade one. Alteratively, you can get a BuzzBee Sentinel or do an expanded PT ret because it is harder to break the plunger head like that.

#4 Cartaya

Cartaya

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:09 AM

Use a stronger Plunger rod such as a Worker/OMW/Xplorer PR setup, the lips hardly ever break on these...

....Fear of a Nerf Planet!

#5 Cheefman45

Cheefman45

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:42 AM

Unfortunately, this is a side effect of removing the air restictor and dryfiring. I don't think the spectre plunger and retaliator plunger are cross compatible. 
I reccomend to pad it, or replace it with a homemade one. Alteratively, you can get a BuzzBee Sentinel or do an expanded PT ret because it is harder to break the plunger head like that.

How do you make a homemade plunger I can't afford aftearket parts or another blaster unfortunately.

Can you get pictures of the broken plunger tube? Otherwise it's very hard to tell what can be done.

That's what those pictures are the broken plunger rod and a spectre plunger.

Edited by Cheefman45, 22 June 2016 - 05:44 AM.

When the things in life that give pause mean nothing, time becomes your friend.

#6 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:37 AM

You can try reassembling the broken plunger rod, but I would use ABS pipe weld instead of super glue (of any type).  In addition, I would add strips of plastic along the sides to help strengthen the rod.  Preferably ABS, but PVC, styrene, or polycarbonate should also work adequately with the pipe weld.

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#7 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:00 AM

Your best best is probably buying the OMW stage 2 Retaliator Kit. It's just... easy. 

Another option would be to do an expanded plunger tube with a longshot or buzz bee baron donor (very similar in size). A baron is just $5 at Walmart. That would solve the problem of the missing "lip. "http://nerfhaven.com...hot +retaliator

EDIT: if you really want to stick with the stock rod, follow Draconis' suggestions. 

Edited by blitz, 22 June 2016 - 11:02 AM.

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users