22 replies to this topic

#1 Nerfrocketeer

Nerfrocketeer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

Date: Saturday, 23 July, 2016
Time: 12:00 Noon to 6:00 P.M.
(Try to arrive around noon or earlier to find good parking and set up your stuff).

Facebook event.
Google Plus Event

F.A.N.G. Event

9657222_orig.png

Where:
Southeastway Park (Shelter Number 1 and the field behind it).
5624 South Carroll Road
New Palestine, Indiana, 46163
Click here to find the location on Google Maps.

Detail of war location below.

85FFiwj.png
-----

Who Can Attend: Anyone and everyone who meets the below rules and regulations is more than welcome to come. Please share this war with anyone and everyone you think would have interest in attending.

Official Rules:

What to Bring: Bring a lunch, snack, eye protection, blasters, darts, and anything else you feel you may need.

Protection: You must bring and wear eye protection at all times. Safety glasses (with side shields) or goggles are perfectly fine, but full masks (such as paintball or Nerf Rival masks) are recommended. You can purchase a Nerf Rival mask at Wal-Mart or Meijer for $13 if you do not already have one.
Blasters: You must have at least one Nerf or similar blaster with an orange barrel and a non-realistic paint job (cover in orange duct tape if necessary). We allow stock, super-stock, and homemade blasters, provided they do not exceed 200 FPS and all perform on a super stock level or lower (measure beforehand if you can). Homemade blasters will be inspected beforehand to ensure safety. Water blasters (modded or not) of any kind are not allowed, and anything that consistently damages darts will be suspended from play. Also, anything with a percieved unfair advantage may be suspended from play.
Darts: You should definitely bring your own darts, but well have a few extras. All Nerf/Buzzbee/BoomCo. brand darts, FVJs, Kooshes, USCs, FVNs, and basic stefans are allowed. Nothing with points or sharp edges is allowed, and all darts must be used in super-stock or equivalent blasters. Count your darts beforehand, and put your name on all of your stuff! Dart sweep is mandatory
Melee: All unmodified Nerf brand melee weapons are allowed as long as safety can be ensured. Other swords will be permitted upon inspection, and they must be at least as safe as Nerf brand melee weaponry. Any homemade swords or boffers must be no longer than 42in (3.5ft) and no wider than 2.5in on any solid area of the blade itself. Nerf objects that are meant to be thrown (socks, stunners, and so on) must also be completely soft and unable to knock safety gear off. Thrown melee must also be inspected for safety. Thrown melee counts as one hit, and can be blocked by shields. Absolutely no sharp edges or barrel taps!
Shields: Shields must be no larger than the Stonewall Shield, with the exception of the LARP-style Hyrulian shield (roughly the size of the Nerf Stonewall Shield). Shields can only be used with either melee or spring-powered single shot blasters. The Hyrulian shield can only be used with melee. Shields can also be used as melee, but must be tapped and not hit hard. Shields will block enemy projectiles, but will not block missiles, or thrown grenade-like objects.
Hits: If you are hit with a dart that (no ricochets) the hit must be taken and counted in accordance with the type of game being played. If arguing results both parties will have to take a hit. Hits are counted as being struck by a dart, other foam/soft projectile, or with a melee weapon. During melee rounds the hit is valid if it makes contact during a stroke. Hits to the chest count as one life lost. Hits to other areas of the body count as half a life lost.
Conduct: Do not use foam weapons on anyone else between rounds unless the action is mutually agreed upon. No blasting darts at the public. Please use terms such as blaster (not gun), darts (not bullets), and blast (not shoot). This would be of particular importance if law enforcement were to show up for any reason, and it this terminology is necessary to avoid public confusion.
Attendee requirements: Attendees under the age of 16 years old must have a parent or guardian with or near them at all times. All attendees are responsible for bringing the things they feel they will need to the event (money, cell phone, first aid, and so on). If you have a serious activity-affected health disorder, it is up to you to decide if you are able to participate. Bring water and a snack for yourself. Youll need it!
Other Rules: We/Nerfrocketeer accept(s) no responsibility for problems caused by any attendees failure to follow these rules. In short, don't be a jerk or irresponsible person.

ALSO: If there is any reason to stop gameplay in the middle of a round, shout HOLD! and alert Nerfrocketeer (Mitch) who will be wearing an orange bandanna.

GAME TYPES:

-Meatgrinder
-Team Deathmatch
-Siege
-Wingman
-Pistol Round
-Base vs Base War
-Military Simulation
-HvZ if there are enough people.
-Anything else attendees vote for.

Lets make this war a BIG step up from last year! Invite whoever you can, and I look forward to seeing you in Indianerfolis this summer! The shelter rental cost $130 so I hope for a huge turnout to make it worthwhile!

UPDATE: Shelter is officially rented for the war! Everything is set!

Edited by Nerfrocketeer, 08 July 2016 - 11:19 PM.

-NK

#2 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:38 PM

I'll see if I can make it down.

#3 Nerfrocketeer

Nerfrocketeer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:01 PM

Great! Hope to see you there!

If you want to see updates more easily (as well as who else is going), check out the Facebook event.

-NK

#4 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:07 PM

Beaver, I'll check with my wife and you could probably crash at my place the night before or something.  I'm an hour and a half away from the site.  And I should be able to make it.  Might have to borrow something from Gears as all I have are overpowered homemades :( 

#5 Pointman9

Pointman9

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:52 AM

Myself and a +1 are expecting to attend.
There is no such thing as overkill. There is only cost efficiency.

#6 Vexal

Vexal

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:31 PM

Any entrance fee required?

#7 Nerfrocketeer

Nerfrocketeer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

Myself and a +1 are expecting to attend.

Great! Glad to hear it! 

Any entrance fee required?

Not at all! Just bring your own lunch, eye protection, and blasting supplies (blaster, ammo, and so on). I'm covering costs for the location rental, so no worries.

Beaver, I'll check with my wife and you could probably crash at my place the night before or something.  I'm an hour and a half away from the site.  And I should be able to make it.  Might have to borrow something from Gears as all I have are overpowered homemades :(

If you check the Facebook event there are many Nerfers from around the area who may be able to set up group lodging, carpools, and so on if you or anyone else needs. 

Edited by Nerfrocketeer, 14 June 2016 - 08:38 PM.

-NK

#8 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:51 AM

I'll probably come if Hoongfu does.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#9 Nerfrocketeer

Nerfrocketeer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:45 PM

I'll probably come if Hoongfu does.

Great! Any extra questions just ask! Remember we have other threads on other sites about this war as well.

-NK

#10 Vexal

Vexal

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:37 PM

I will be coming and may or may not bring a friend or two. :)
Will trading and buying/selling of Blasters be allowed?

#11 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:11 AM

Dang I can't come anymore :(   Sorry!

#12 Nerfrocketeer

Nerfrocketeer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:45 PM

I will be coming and may or may not bring a friend or two.
Will trading and buying/selling of Blasters be allowed?

That's great! Glad you're coming! Yes, trading and selling will be allowed as long as it doesn't interrupt gameplay.

Dang I can't come anymore.  Sorry!

Ah that's too bad. Maybe next time! (There will be one).

-NK

#13 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:27 PM

Dang I can't come anymore :(   Sorry!

Dang! Then you can COUNT ME OUT.

-Groove out.

#14 Nerfrocketeer

Nerfrocketeer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:33 PM

Dang! Then you can COUNT ME OUT.

Ok. You sound frustrated.

-NK

#15 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:40 AM

Ah that's too bad. Maybe next time! (There will be one).

Nice I do look forward to the next one.  There were wife circumstances that shouldn't appear again, because hopefully best friends don't get surprise proposed to twice haha.  Hope you take some photos/videos!

#16 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:05 PM

Sorry I had a real rough time adulting today at work and now that Hoongfu isn't going I just can't even... 

At least there is NvZ! Effeminate HvZ FTW!!!!

-Groove out.

#17 Vexal

Vexal

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:25 PM

Would sunglasses work as eye protection? Also, why aren't modified super soakers allowed? (Such as a Max D 2000)

Edited by Vexal, 27 June 2016 - 06:34 PM.

#18 Vexal

Vexal

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:54 AM

Anyone in indiana going to Indianerfolis? I know that I am

(See the original Indianerfolis post by Nerfrocketeer)

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

I merged this into the indianerfolis thread.  There's no need to start a new thread just to ask who is going.

Edited by Langley, 04 July 2016 - 02:42 PM.

#19 3D-Printing Pro

3D-Printing Pro

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:09 PM

How many people do you expect to attend?

#20 Pointman9

Pointman9

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:30 AM

The Facebook event has 21 confirmed with an additional 37 interested.
There is no such thing as overkill. There is only cost efficiency.

#21 Nerfrocketeer

Nerfrocketeer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:57 PM

Nice I do look forward to the next one.  There were wife circumstances that shouldn't appear again, because hopefully best friends don't get surprise proposed to twice haha.  Hope you take some photos/videos!

Definitely will be filming and taking pictures! I won't be the only one, either! A Nerftuber or two will be there, and some important local groups as well such as Naptown Nerf and the Cincinnati Area Nerf Enthusiasts.

Sorry I had a real rough time adulting today at work and now that Hoongfu isn't going I just can't even... 

At least there is NvZ! Effeminate HvZ FTW!!!!

Hope everything worked/s out alright.

Would sunglasses work as eye protection? Also, why aren't modified super soakers allowed? (Such as a Max D 2000)

We would prefer eyewear such as impact rated goggles. You can find them at a hardware or home improvement store for less than five dollars. Modded super soakers are not allowed because they can be modified to reach high and potentially dangerous fps. Even weaker ones are hard to regulate.

We have around 35 people who have said they will be there, with around forty more interested.

Besides that, we have people from Reddit, Nerfhaven, YouTube, and other online locations planning to attend.

-NK

#22 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:02 PM

Definitely will be filming and taking pictures! I won't be the only one, either! A Nerftuber or two will be there, and some important local groups as well such as Naptown Nerf and the Cincinnati Area Nerf Enthusiasts.

We would prefer eyewear such as impact rated goggles. You can find them at a hardware or home improvement store for less than five dollars. Modded super soakers are not allowed because they can be modified to reach high and potentially dangerous fps. Even weaker ones are hard to regulate.

We have around 35 people who have said they will be there, with around forty more interested.

Besides that, we have people from Reddit, Nerfhaven, YouTube, and other online locations planning to attend.

I'm not attending this event, but I would recommend not placing a blanket ban on modded Super Soakers. Going case by case is better, since some like the Shot Blast are safe when modded, while others like the hydro cannon and (usually) flash flood aren't.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#23 3D-Printing Pro

3D-Printing Pro

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:57 PM

Thanks

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nerf, War, Indiana, Indianapolis, Indianerfolis, Midwest, Event, Wars, Groups, Fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users