Recommended/estimated weight of a stefan constructed for best performa

darts stefan stefans homemade dart construction help

3 replies to this topic

#1 J51Mustang

J51Mustang

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:19 PM

Here is another question that I have that I, again, cannot find the answer to on nerfhaven or through google. The closest thing to what I would consider to be an answer would be ryan201821's post on dart weight regulation/range testing. (http://nerfhaven.com...srange-testing/)

What is the estimated weight of a stefan dart that has been constructed for the best performance. Would they weigh any more than 3-4 grams?

#2 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:49 PM

POPULAR

The best weight for a stefan is the maximum weight allowed.  For Apoc, that would be a #8 washer, but it can be challenging to make a slug with a #8 washer and keep all the metal covered. It can also causing jamming especially if your barrel material is on the tight side. 

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#3 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:57 PM

Typically we use darts that are around 1.2g.  There are certainly examples that are over 2g, but those are both discouraged, and typically contain large amounts of metal in the form of BBs or 1/4" balls.

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#4 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 08:14 PM

There is no definitive answer because it depends on the power of the blaster you're using. With a Hydro Cannon or something, you could easily use a 7/0 fishing weighted dart and probably get ranges well beyond 400'. 

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: darts, stefan, stefans, homemade, dart construction, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users