Photo

retaliator mod

3 replies to this topic

#1 Cheefman45

Cheefman45

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:00 AM

I am wondering does anyone know of a way to put a pump grip on retaliators at home. I am using a reflex topslid and am wondering with this be strong enough to hook to a ruler or do I need a different bar mech.

When the things in life that give pause mean nothing, time becomes your friend.

#2 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:17 AM

*plugs in mod guide*

uh I've seen people use rulers but you need to only use a stock spring. I would try to go for scrap metal. 

#3 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:02 AM

I screwed a piece of scrap aluminum on the top of the slide  (1/2" long coarse-thread/sheet metal #8's) and screwed a piece of 1-1/2" PVC to that with a wooden spacer. 2" PVC would have been preferable, but I didn't have any. If you're using a wooden ruler it might hold up, those cheap plastic ones probably wouldn't and metal rulers are usually too thin by design.

I may need to epoxy the aluminum to the slide to get it to stay for good, even through the rail there is not a lot of room for the screws to grip the slide, but if I get a barrel I'll probably do something barrel related since that's what everyone else seems to do and it'd be less permanent. Another option I was considering was using the existing screw ports on the slide with longer screws, but the piece I had on hand wouldn't have fit.

#4 Kilomona

Kilomona

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:12 PM

I did mine really simply. I used the barrel extension and grip that came with it, cut the little wall on the attachment slide with a box cutter, sanded down tbe nub on the grip, cut a clotheshanger wire to length, taped on wore ba to each side, and voila.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users