Grim Up Nerf 5: West Yorkshire (UK) Nerf Event

Grim Up Nerf Nerf War UK Great Britain

2 replies to this topic

#1 justajolt

justajolt

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:49 AM

Whilst I realise that the majority of readers may be of an "across the pond" or "down under" persuasion, I wanted to share this event with you just in case you happened to be in Yorkshire over the next couple of weeks. 

Grim Up Nerf generally happens on the second Saturday of every month. The venue is a church building and it is attended by a variety of age groups. For this reason, we put a cap on FPS to make sure that small people's heads aren't removed!

Please come along if you can and, if you're planning a trip to our Island over the summer, remember: second Saturday of the month in Leeds, West Yorkshire! We're only a small nation, so even if you're somewhere else, we're actually not too far away!

I've cut and pasted this from the Britnerf site, which is why it's got that hideous black background. If the mods could resolve than and teach me how to do it for the future, I'd be very greatful! Toodle pip!

Date and Time 
Saturday 11th June 13:00 - 16:00 

The war will be located at the Church of the Latter-Day Saints chapel, at  Priesthorpe Rd, Farsley, Pudsey, West Yorkshire, LS28 5RD 
If you’re travelling by public transport, we can pick you up from Bradford Interchange. Justajolt will be running a shuttle service between there and the venue at 12:30. Send him a PM for more info and to arrange pickup and deployment into the combat zone. Otherwise, the venue is on the 425 and 427 Arriva West Yorkshire bus route. 

Cost 
All attendees are invited to contribute the princely sum of £1 towards darts, materials etc so that we can keep doing it! 
Please feel free to bring something to contribute to a communal snack bar, boxes of mini donuts or flapjack seem to go down a treat! 

Loaner Blasters 
There will be a selection of springer front loading revolver blasters at the event. After signing in, you will be directed into the main hall where you will be helped to choose a suitable blaster. A small supply of flywheel blasters will be loaned to people who donate money and snacks on a first come first served basis. 

Games 
Expect a variety of games, from our favourites like Team Deathmatch and HvZ, to movie based games, like Predator and Black 'Kes' Down. Game rules will be explained before each round. 

Safety and Behaviour 
1 - We expect blasters to be in original or brightly coloured schemes, with an orange tip. I.e. nothing (weapon or clothing) to alarm the locals or other building users. We won’t be slowing down to assess performance so if you’re primary is modded and there is any chance it might be judged as over powered make sure you have a backup on hand. 
2 - We will be providing ALL Koosh/Elite darts to be used at the event. If your blaster requires a different dart type, such as discs, mega darts, or missiles, you are expected to provide these yourself. No FVJ's are allowed. 
3 - Eye protection is required and some will be provided, glasses users do so at their own risk. 
4 - Anyone under 18 requires parental permission, and under 16's require a chaperone. Consider it an excuse to get your dad or mum playing. 
5 - Between games you are expected to help recover and reload darts. Weapons must be holstered, slung, or placed on tables in an unloaded state between games. 
6 - If it's not your's, don't touch it without asking 
7 - Any abusive, threatening or rascist behaviour won't be tolerated. 
8 - By attending, we consider this acceptance of the above rules, and your acknowledgement that Nerfing is not without risk, and that you are playing under your own will, and will not hold anyone else liable for any injuries that occur. 
9 - And above all else, it's only a game, have fun, and don’t be a silly billy!

Response to The2ndBluesBro: Not yet, but BGUK will imminently! I'm posting it up here to catch anyone who happens to be over in the summer ^_^ If you could edit the title to 6 instead of 5 as well, that would be superb!

Edited by justajolt, 04 June 2016 - 05:48 PM.

#2 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:25 AM

I'm guessing you've already posted this there, but http://britnerf.co.u...onent=indexpage

Edited by The2ndBluesBro, 30 May 2016 - 11:26 AM.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#3 justajolt

justajolt

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:46 PM

One change to be made! The Location is now: 

Priesthorpe Rd, Farsley, Pudsey, West Yorkshire, LS28 5RD

All other details remain the same!

New, LARGER venue ^_^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Grim Up Nerf, Nerf War, UK, Great Britain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users