The Scout

NF internals?

13 replies to this topic

#1 EastCoastNerfer

EastCoastNerfer

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 09:58 AM

I was searching on the forums for information on the new N-strike line because I haven't been here in eons, even though I wasn't too active when I was here, and I became captivated by the new Scout. It looked "sweet," It looked "fresh," and it looked like a Nite Finder had a child with a Lock 'n Load. Then, to my disappointment, I read that someone took it apart and tried to mod it because he thought it was terrible. Then I thought about it, what if you replaced the Scout's internals, supposedly horrible, with another gun's, such as the Nite Finder, due to the similarities, or something else. Unfortunately, I didn't go to APOC (or any other wars for that matter), wasn't lucky enough to win one of the new guns, and I couldn't find any topics with pictures of the Scout's internals, I was hopping if you guys could give me some insight on this idea.

Thanks for the help,
-ECN

EDIT: Also, just some pictures of the Scout's internals would probably be enough.

Edited by EastCoastNerfer, 08 August 2004 - 10:04 AM.

QUOTE(Black Wrath @ Apr 20 2006, 03:39 AM) View Post

I have 1/2" ID (11/4" OD) pipe insulation sheathed over mine. It's like a condom; be safe.

#2 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:07 AM

Dont be fooled by the misleading newbs. The scout holds alot of promise. Despite its plunger tube being a bit smaller, the mechansim on the scout(plunger tube being cocked, barrel satioary with plunger head on it, much like the warthog.
This explains it, also look at this.

The system is much more air efficient
1. Because it utalizes most of the plunger tube, whereas 1/4 of the plunger tube on the nf/ttg was used up by the plunger head.
2. On a regular spring gun, the plunger moves forward, pushing the air throuhg the whole. But sometimes, if the seal let up, a lot of the air would seep past the plunger. With this mechanism, the air goes through the plunger head, and because that would be the easiest path for the air, it would rather move a one ounce peice of foam from the barrel than seep around the plunger head.

THIRST
ko

#3 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:43 AM

also, the barrel would probably be fully internal. I absolutely cannot believe the number of people on NHQ who were disparing over how unmodable it is <_<
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#4 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:53 AM

Wow, that even looks so awsome, i mean, how long is that "barrel"?
The first thing i see is a 4" barrell protruding only an inch or so. Damn. I hope TrU stops being such bitches and gets it in soon.
I definately wouldn't put any other internals in there, i'm sure it wouldn't be worth the troble.
However, how strong is the spring? is it so strong it doesn't need a replacement?
I can't friggin wait.
-jlego
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#5 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 11:28 AM

I dont own one, but from what the other people are saying, a spring replacemet is in order. Well just have to wiat...

THIRST
ko

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 04:18 PM

Thirst is right- this is alot more air-efficient than traditional designs. I really don't see how it presents such a huge challenge to modding. With some creative dremeling, you could even do *some* internal banding. Maybe like 1 or 2 bands. Anyways, I'm looking forwards to getting my hands on one of these. Even if it only shoots like 50-60 feet, I plan to trim down part of the case to make it smaller; although I'm not sure where just yet.

~ompa

#7 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:20 PM

for one thing...there are half as many holes in the cylinder.

#8 1313

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:21 AM

I havent actually seen the scout, but from pictures it looks like a real scope could fit on the rail thing, has anybody tried this?

#9 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:26 PM

heh is a scope really needed on a pistol?
~SS

#10 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:39 PM

It could look cool.. Kind of like 3DBBQ's gun.

~ompa

#11 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 10:23 PM

Could anyone post or PM me the dimensions of the scouts Spring? Length, Width and Wire thickness please? It would be a great help, thank you.
~SS

#12 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:12 AM

Come to think of it, why not just take the rails off the scout and put it on an lnl,sm750 or some other gun?I don't think I will since that will pretty much destroy the scout's cocking system.
Morons With Guns own you.

#13 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 08:44 AM

Come to think of it, why not just take the rails off the scout and put it on an lnl,sm750 or some other gun?I don't think I will since that will pretty much destroy the scout's cocking system.

See, I like that idea. If we could find a way to take the rails off the guns and put them on other ones (like my ÜberMaxx), it would really raise the usefulness of the N-Strike as a whole because you could switch guns out for other ones.

I would love to attach a SM750 where the Scout is, but mine is currently a little too big to go there.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#14 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 11:21 AM

See, I like that idea. If we could find a way to take the rails off the guns and put them on other ones (like my ÜberMaxx), it would really raise the usefulness of the N-Strike as a whole because you could switch guns out for other ones.

I would love to attach a SM750 where the Scout is, but mine is currently a little too big to go there.

Oh yea, your Ubermaxx :D

Only real problem I see is the scout, you just push the gun forward and it cocks.Pump guns would be ok, but what about guns like the lml, which have cockinghandles near the top.Would'nt you hurt your hands a bit trying to cock it?

Oh wait, just bend the keyring downwards, never mind.
Morons With Guns own you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users