paint texture nerf mod spray paint

7 replies to this topic

#1 Valkyrie

Valkyrie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:03 PM

Hi all!

so i am working on a stryfe and want to give it a one of a kind look. And what i want to do is make a vein appearance to the gun that is raised and rounded. what sort of material should i use to create this effect that i could apply easily, and could purchase from Home Depot, Lowes etc. etc.? Any recommendations are appreciated,

-Valkyrie

Edited by Valkyrie, 11 May 2016 - 04:04 PM.

#2 Venaticalmoss

Venaticalmoss

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:09 PM

Pardon me if this won't work, but maybe hot glue? If you aren't sure maybe you should try it on cardboard or something. If it doesn't work, I don't have any other ideas... Just a suggestion. Didn't think about wear and tear.

Edited by Venaticalmoss, 26 August 2016 - 07:48 PM.

"Names are for friends, so I don't need one." Agent 47

#3 Kilomona

Kilomona

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:37 PM

I dont have much experience with it, but epoxy putty on sanded shell could work.

#4 NetherMax1

NetherMax1

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:42 PM

I dont have much experience with it, but epoxy putty on sanded shell could work.

That will create the veins. Also, post it in the picture thread so we can see it when you're done.

Talio:"Negative points for no pirate monkey."

Who needs silence when you have full-auto?

#5 Valkyrie

Valkyrie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:24 PM

UPDATE:

So I decided to go with a hot glue, as it was cheaper and easier to access. it looks ok, I still need to add paint and that will probably fix any current problems I have with its appearance. Because of how you can apply the hot glue, it came out looking better than I hoped for, Once i add the paint ill make sure to add it to the thread  Thank you for all of your help!

#6 xXD3V1LXx

xXD3V1LXx

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:29 PM

Don't use hot glue it will cone off easy!
A quote from Ice Nine
"Use the golden rule: Don't be a dick."

NERF On
-Devil

#7 Kilomona

Kilomona

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:27 PM

Don't use hot glue it will cone off easy!

Yeah... Hot glue can and WILL get rubbed off easily, epoxy putty will hold much better. Just try putting your thumb next to it and pushing a bit. It'll peel right off.

#8 FoamFlingingFoamFarmer

FoamFlingingFoamFarmer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

I agree, hotglue will come of very easily, and I don't think it can be sanded and shaped to be very smooth. Paint will not stick to hot glue looking the same as how it looks on the plastic. I really think you should use epoxy putty, and it can be sanded smooth. If you want something else that is better for shaping than normal epoxy putty, then get epoxie sculpt, it has a longer curing time than normal epoxy putty and is meant for shaping. I know Lorddraconical used it on a strayven project, and he got a smoother transitions between the blasters when he used it. ILikeToMakeStuff also did a video on using Apoxie Sculpt for NERF, and he doesn't usually make NERF videos. Check it out here: He has some pretty good techniques on smoothing the putty with water and sanding. Skip to 2:35 if you just want to see the Apoxie Sculpt part.

Edited by FoamFlingingFoamFarmer, 28 May 2016 - 12:08 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paint, texture, nerf mod, spray paint

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users