IG-1 scotch

8 replies to this topic

#1 Cheefman45

Cheefman45

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:04 PM

POPULAR

I found a old Easter egg from our buildings Easter egg hunt and decided I would nerfanize it so here is the grenade design. The IG-1 stands for impact grenade model one the scotch is the name of the grenade model. This grenades might be good for close range or for hit and run strikes. It is easy to make and use and cheap or free if your like me. All you need are 4 darts and a Easter egg. This works better in full sized darts as the tension helps detonation although stefens could be used and the spread would be good. The best way to operate this grenade is a lob into a wall next to an opponent even though ground detonation is fine too but hinders effectiveness. Next are picture instructions on making this enjoy.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20160509_200134.jpg
  • IMG_20160509_200147.jpg
  • IMG_20160509_200158.jpg
  • 1462838439796.jpg

Edited by Cheefman45, 10 May 2016 - 07:22 PM.

When the things in life that give pause mean nothing, time becomes your friend.

#2 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:31 PM

What the hell? A rookie made a working nerf frag grenade! And it's not a concept but works? Impressive!

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#3 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:26 AM

Can you get picts/video of it working? This is so simple it's mind boggling; I've seen people like Slug trying to come up with some super-complex design for this kind of thing, and here you've got this: Simple, elegant, extremely cheap. So cheap that I feel bad asking for picts/video of it working because I can definitely find some Easter eggs around my place and try it myself.

Edit: Holy smokes Coyote, you've got nearly half the posts I do and you've only been around 1/10th the time. Slow down man.

Edited by Meaker VI, 10 May 2016 - 09:29 AM.

#4 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:52 AM

I'm curious how this would work on different surfaces. I'm assuming this is great for indoors and floors, but I wonder how well it would work outside. 
Testing on grass, concrete and off walls would be interesing.

#5 Cheefman45

Cheefman45

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:39 PM

Edit: Holy smokes Coyote, you've got nearly half the posts I do and you've only been around 1/10th the time. Slow down man.

These designs are ones I already had made or thought up but other than that It usually takes me a week or 2 to make them given I'm not in the best situation to do what I would like to. When I get out of here my designs will be more large scale as my grandma is holding on to my two nerf guns and she is about to get me two more. So spacing between those topics will be a bit larger than they are now.

#6 Cheefman45

Cheefman45

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:46 PM

I'm curious how this would work on different surfaces. I'm assuming this is great for indoors and floors, but I wonder how well it would work outside. 
Testing on grass, concrete and off walls would be interesing.

I watch a lot of burn games on YouTube (jangular) and the issue I see the most on there is combat on the bridge people usually get holed up on the bridge or have a hard time taking it the grenade when designed was meant to be used by it bouncing on a wall then exploding. It won't work on ground surfaces and is most effective bouncing off walls. Also range isn't a problem as it is made to be used in hit and runs for example in a burn game if a team was trying to take a bridge a person could run up throw this at the wall behind them and escape while the darts hit the enemy and indoors you could throw it down a flight of stairs or up

#7 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:37 PM

These designs are ones I already had made or thought up but other than that It usually takes me a week or 2 to make them given I'm not in the best situation to do what I would like to. When I get out of here my designs will be more large scale as my grandma is holding on to my two nerf guns and she is about to get me two more. So spacing between those topics will be a bit larger than they are now.

That post you quoted was not directed at you, but at Maniacal Coyote. You are doing great and should absolutely carry on as best you can. I fully understand the designs taking longer than you'd like; I've been tinkering on and off with some designs and design concepts for years. Should hopefully have one new one with actual real results (!) soon though.

#8 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:08 AM

Seeing this reminded me of a really old school technique for a grenade that frags mid-air. I couldn't find the post, and I cant remember who created it - or even which nerfy site it was featured on, but the basic concept involves the type of cost effective home brewery that you might like to explore. 

Materials: 

Darts, 

Hair elastic

1" wide Strip of fabric (I cant remeber what type of fabric they used. I think it might of been felt but the material might also be irrelevant)

Group the darts into a bundle about the size of a fist. Wrap the fabric strip around the front, stretch the hair tie over the tails.  The fabric strip acts as your fuse. The longer it takes to unwrap, the longer it will fly undetonated. You may need to unwrap a little of the fabric strip so it drags in the air and helps the strip to unwind as it flies.That'll shorten the fuse. Once it unwraps the heads are free and they'll spread apart rolling the elastic off of the tail - allowing the grenade to explode and the compressed to darts separate. If you place the elastic slightly further up the tail it takes a little shock to get it to release and it becomes an impact grenade that explodes once it impacts a wall or ceiling - useful for indoor wars with entrenched enemies. If you're outside in the open, mid air - high altitude explosions  produced pretty impressive spread. 

I can't remember the exact specifics of how well it works ( fabric strip length, dart spread, sensitivity, fuse timing...) but I remember being impressed. It was the only functional grenade nerf I'd ever read about, and it was stupid cheap and easy to make. Just be careful not to crush the tails of your darts so much that they no longer stay in a blaster. You'll need to tune the size of the dart bundle to the hair tie.

"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#9 Cheefman45

Cheefman45

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:44 PM

+Member thanks for the idea I will tinker with it. I have messed with air burst designs before this should prove interesting. I will post it when I have it done.

Edited by Cheefman45, 12 May 2016 - 03:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users