Photo

Flywheels and switches

3 replies to this topic

#1 Cheefman45

Cheefman45

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:43 AM

I would like to know is it possible to make a flywheel system out of RC car engines. Also I would like to know how do you wire a switch into a circuit.

When the things in life that give pause mean nothing, time becomes your friend.

#2 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:11 PM

I don't know, and solder.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#3 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

I would like to know is it possible to make a flywheel system out of RC car engines. Also I would like to know how do you wire a switch into a circuit.

It would be possible but you may have to modify the flywheel cage and or shell to accommodate the motors. The switch you wire in to break the connection for either the common or the hot wires but only one of them. Most switches are NO or NC meaning Normally Open or Normally Closed.

#4 Astech

Astech

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:32 PM

Solder is the most common - and best - method for wiring jobs in general, but alternatives include shrink wrap (which can be cheaper) and (forgive me for the lack of name - it slipped my mind) those solder-less joint kits that you can attach and take apart at will. All have benefits and disadvantages, so its up to you what you really need.

I personally go with solder because it lasts forever when done right.

I've always wanted to be a pilot. Then I'll have an excuse to keep my head in the clouds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users