Homemade Crazy, Complex, and Pointless Designs

Homemade Ideas homemade plans homemade ideas

6 replies to this topic

#1 J51Mustang

J51Mustang

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:37 PM

I would like to start a thread on wacky and complex homemade nerf gun designs. I have some that may work or would just be pointless, but here are mine anyway. 

1. Fully Auto LOUD Pulse jet nerf blaster
this one is a bit ridiculous, where you build a valveless pulse jet and stick the feeder onto the exhaust, and some insulation to prevent your skin to be burned, but imagine having a fully auto nerf gun that uses only some fuel and physics (with extremley loud noises)

2. Fully auto brushless motor nerf blaster
now, nerf has made guns like this, but semi auto. I was thinking getting two brushless motors (outrunners for less noise and higher rpms, inrunners for more torque), attach some flywheels, and a spring loaded dart feeder. This will be noisy (not as noisy as the pulse jet idea) but expensive and might not perform well, but will definitely be fun.

3. musket style nerf gun (using some alternative to gunpowder)
this will be dangerous, potentially slightly illegal if using gunpowder, slow reload times, pointless, fun, and a slight chance of malfunction resulting in an explosion blowing off big chunks of your skin. This thing is simple. Single shot. This thing is practically a musket, except built out of PVC and fires foam darts. 

Post your inventive, pointless, dangerous, illegal, expensive, crazy, explosive, and complex designs here. Lets see if anyone can get a design to actually work!

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

http://nerfhaven.com...concept-thread/

Edited by Langley, 03 May 2016 - 12:56 PM.
The bad kind of idea thread

#2 xXD3V1LXx

xXD3V1LXx

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:01 PM

I am working on put estes C class rockets into small nerf footballs than putting fins on it and drilling holes so when the parachute charge goes off the darts fly out. Basically a nerf mortar.
A quote from Ice Nine
"Use the golden rule: Don't be a dick."

NERF On
-Devil

#3 Nerfguy2002

Nerfguy2002

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:09 PM

I want to put a flywheel cage on a retaliator. I have most of it planed out and it would be full auto, now all I need are parts and guns.

#4 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:47 AM

I had a brilliant idea last summer. Estes' mini motors fit perfectly inside of MEGA darts. That means that you could somehow rig up a two-stage, ridiculously OP Centurion mod. The first stage would be a springer-fit barrel with some sort of direct-plunger, near-perfect seal, and some sort of actual rifling. The second stage would be some sort of delayed ignition system that fired the motors off after the dart already had high momentum.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#5 Shadowslayer1924

Shadowslayer1924

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:40 AM

I'm trying to make a spud gun shoot Nerf darts

#6 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

I'm trying to make a spud gun shoot Nerf darts

That wouldn't be hard at all. All you need is a 1-1/2" to 1/2" reducing bushing. Now, you can stick your absolver barrel system or an RCSB or a BRiSC or a hopper or even a brass-breech system.

Here's a bad idea: Make an absolver with "barrels" of 1/2" PVC that are a couple inches long. Next, stick an RCSB/BRiSC onto each of those stubs. Now, you've got a shotgun and you can go for several fire-charge-repeat cycles without worrying about darts.

Actually, if you're going to use this as anything but a shotgun, you should use a 1-1/2" to 3/4" reducing bushing, a stub of 3/4", a 3/4" MPT (Male Pipe Thread) adapter, a 30psi pressure regulator, a 3/4" FPT (Female Pipe Thread) adapter, and a 3/4" to 1/2" reducing bushing. That way, you don't risk punching holes in people.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#7 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:54 PM

POPULAR

http://nerfhaven.com...concept-thread/

Step 2.1 is that the idea should not be dangerous, or depend on dream logic or comic book physics to work. Added based on a firecracker powered nerf grenade thread I found while researching this guide.

If the ideas are 'pointless' why would you want to post them?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Homemade, Ideas, homemade plans, homemade ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users