Photo

Airtech 2000 Rereleased, Pics!

9 replies to this topic

#1 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 03:31 PM

I hope this topic will be more informative than CaptainCC's.

Today, I was at a different Target than I usually go to, and I saw this. By the way, these pictures are crummy because I took them with my camera phone, and emailed them to myself. w00t!

Anyways, these come in a set of two, and one has a new color scheme. I didn't but it, because I already have an AT2k, but I thought people would like to see.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#2 LiKnSmAkScOmIn

LiKnSmAkScOmIn

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 04:01 PM

Pics like that from a camera phone?Dayum.
Morons With Guns own you.

#3 Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 04:15 PM

Wow, what phone do you have?
Webmaster of Ultima Nerf

#4 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 04:26 PM

Yes, I'd have to say that your topic is infinitely more informative than mine. Good job. You're better than me.

#5 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:25 PM

rat bastards don't have them at my target.

#6 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:58 PM

I got it for 10 bucks cause I dont have a a2k. The blue one is cool but I doubt they have different internals. I crayola modded the blue one ;) gets about 50' flat. I bought some cpvc from homedepot but it doesnt fit my stefans good i have to like destroy my stefans to get it in. (By the way I have the really dark stefans)So anyway im gonna cpvc mod the red one. And just use the stock darts for now. Well se how good that works ;)

Edited by Sharpshooter, 07 August 2004 - 10:59 PM.

Im a Sharp Shooter YE HAAAA

HAHAHA

#7 avatarofanu

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 05:31 AM

I just bought these today, thinking they would be good, and out of the box was suprised by how much they suck... I mean, the unmodded scout got better distance. I was wondering if I am just doing something wrong with them, or if they simply inherantly suck unmodded. Along with that, which type of mods would you guys recommend for an AT2K? This is the first pump gun I've modded (hence why I got them at 2 for $10) so I really am a newb to this type.
One thing I noticed was that the pegs where the stock darts normally go over in the barrel were pipes - can these be cut?
May be a dumb question, but do pump guns (and the at2k in particular) have air restrictors? How would I go about removing said restrictors?
Where exactly along the assembly is the hole that should be hotglued over?
And is the barrel replacement worth it (along with that - preferred material?)?

Before I get told I didn't search, I did actually look on nerfhq, but found a number of different mods and was unsure which might be best. And sorry if this belongs in the mod section - I had been starting a number of topics lately, and didn't want to upset the admin by starting too many. But thanks to any help anyone is willing to offer.
-Anthony

#8 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:00 AM

I just bought these today, thinking they would be good, and out of the box was suprised by how much they suck... I mean, the unmodded scout got better distance. I was wondering if I am just doing something wrong with them, or if they simply inherantly suck unmodded. Along with that, which type of mods would you guys recommend for an AT2K? This is the first pump gun I've modded (hence why I got them at 2 for $10) so I really am a newb to this type.
One thing I noticed was that the pegs where the stock darts normally go over in the barrel were pipes - can these be cut?

Alright, all 2k's suck like this before modding. They can be cut, but theres an easier way to do it.

May be a dumb question, but do pump guns (and the at2k in particular) have air restrictors? How would I go about removing said restrictors?
Where exactly along the assembly is the hole that should be hotglued over?
And is the barrel replacement worth it (along with that - preferred material?)?

The 2k has alot of air restrcitoers...to remove them? Unscew the screw in the middle of the barrel assembly, pry the barrels off, take out air restrictors, replace barrels with cpvc/brass/petg, depending on what fits your darts. Brass and petg will fit right in, but you need to file down the end of the cpvc to jam it in the stubs. The barrel replacement is defiantly worth it.

Now foryour hole/hotglue question, take apart the gun, take the pump out of the pump tube. Now look at its head. You see that hole in the center? Plug it up with hot glue.

THIRST
ko

#9 avatarofanu

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 08:59 PM

Thirst, thanks much; that really helped it.

#10 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 11:18 PM

If you overpump your gun after plugging that air release valve, it will make a cool sound... once. Then it won't do much else. Just a warning.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users